Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

So sick....

Posted by on Apr. 10, 2017 at 7:42 PM
  • 8 Replies
My morning sickness has officially set in and it's horrible. I'm 7 weeks today. I have reglan and dicgelis(sp?) but it's still here. What is everyone else doing to help with their Morning sickness?
by on Apr. 10, 2017 at 7:42 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
momofnatalie
by on Apr. 10, 2017 at 8:31 PM

I tried the nausea wristbands but it didn't help me.  I ate small meals because if I had a big meal, I would vomit.  I had nausea until 18 weeks.  

goodjuju777
by Member on Apr. 10, 2017 at 8:53 PM
My OB suggested unisom with the active ingrediant doxylamine succinate (not the one with Benadryl) taken along with vitamin B6. I had been in the ER once with severe dehydration and nausea, hadn't been able to keep anything down and was given reglan. It honestly barely worked and wore off that same night. I tried the sea bands (accupunture wrist bands), ginger, all the natural remedies and I was still miserable/unable to stay hydrated. My OB's wife used unisom with all 5 pregnancies and if you do some research online it's actually a common remedy for pregnant women and has been around much longer than these newer nausea meds. I would take one at night and it was the only time I didn't wake up in the night or early morning to throw up. I was sick from about 6-13 weeks and I remember feeling like it would never get better, but it does. Hang in there and hope you can get some relief!!
ISP17
by Member on Apr. 11, 2017 at 9:40 AM

Throwing up. It sucks. throwing up This was me all morning, every morning, since the 5th. That's what clued my husband in to the fact that I'm pregnant. 

countrygirl1218
by Member on Apr. 11, 2017 at 9:54 AM

Quoting ISP17:

Throwing up. It sucks. throwing up This was me all morning, every morning, since the 5th. That's what clued my husband in to the fact that I'm pregnant. 

Yes, that's how we knew that I was pregnant.  I was breast feeding a 12 month old and had no idea that I was pregnant again.

janessa27
by on Apr. 11, 2017 at 10:01 AM

I used to keep saltine crackers with me a lot- those helped. Hope it gets better for you!

luna321
by Bronze Member on Apr. 11, 2017 at 10:20 AM
I'm sorry it's so bad :( I know you thought you might escape it this time. I found when my tummy felt tender an orange helped... or ginger beer.
So.Ill.Mama
by Member on Apr. 11, 2017 at 1:02 PM
I have a friend about a week or so farther along than I am, and she has hyperemesis gravida (pretty sure I spelled that wrong lol). I feel awful for her. I wish I knew something that would help her out.
ISP17
by Member on Apr. 12, 2017 at 9:05 AM

Quoting countrygirl1218:

Quoting ISP17:

Yes, that's how we knew that I was pregnant.  I was breast feeding a 12 month old and had no idea that I was pregnant again.

I've never gotten pregnant on my own before, we've always needed assistance conceiving, so it never even crossed my mind. I just thought I was a bit stressed or had a bug. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)