Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Pregnancy Pregnancy

Low Progesterone...

Posted by on May. 15, 2007 at 12:01 PM
  • 2 Replies
Good afternoon. I just received a call for my OB with my progesterone test results. They are lower than normal (pretty common in women with PCOS), so they are putting me on a suppliment for a month. That explains all the spotting... I pray we catch it in time. I desperately want to make it to 12 weeks!
Just thought I'd share the news. Has anyone had this problem and not end in miscarriage? Thanks.
*hoping for a healthy pregnancy*

I had an ultrasound at 7 weeks and there was a heartbeat? Does that put my risk lower? I'm also on Metformin for PCOS, and that is supposed to lower the miscarraige rate. Why am I so scared? This is definately the hardest thing ever... I just keep praying...
by on May. 15, 2007 at 12:01 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-2):
gummibear
by on May. 15, 2007 at 12:07 PM
I just went through this they put me on prometrium and i didn't miscarriage so good luck just don't stress and good luck
momandstepmom
by on May. 15, 2007 at 2:46 PM
YES- I had this problem, decided NOT to take the progesterone and did not miscarry.  It is a very personal choice for what you decide to do.  My husband and I prayed on it, and felt that God would carry us through. you see, we didn't think that we could get pregnant.  after 4 years of trying and no luck.  so we prayed, put it in God's hands and well here I am 38 weeks. 
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)