Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Pregnancy Pregnancy

Severe non migraine headaches

Posted by on May. 15, 2007 at 1:09 PM
  • 1 Replies

i have a history of migranes and know what they feel like. now, i have had on several occasions in the last 6weeks had headaches, sometimes debilitating, that are lasting up to 10-12days even with tylenol.  I am 17wks prego with third pregnancy, miscarried the first at 8wks and have a beautiful 2 1/2yr old daughter. At the end (6mths+) with my DD, I had problems with bloodpressure, extreme swelling, protein in the urine, spotting, was leaking amniotic fluid, went into preterm labor twice that landed me in the hospital, and finally ended up with an emergency c-section due to a breech baby after not dialating past a 3 in the last three months (was also +2 and 100% effaced for three mths before birth). now that there is a background, and btw sorry this is so long :+)  So these headaches at first he kind of blew off and so did i as being hormone related. after day 6with the first bad one, i said nope, not normal. he thought migraines, but no light/sound sensitivity like my usual migranes. they are worse in the mornings and late afternoons through the night, ease up during the day, and i am seeing little pinpricks of light blinking in and out and little like orbs of distortion in my vision when looking at lighter colored objects. tylenol has done nothing for them, and they are on the crown of my head and the base of my neck and are worse when i transition from standing to sitting or laying or any combination, and i keep on getting dizzy to the point of blacking out and falling. i am swelling up already, and we have been having contractions (full blown non bh) for the last month or so also. i went in and saw him yesterday and my cervix is starting to thin out in the middle but is still hard and no dialation. he was feeling the contractions during the exam, found and abnormality in one eye and wants me to see an eye doc (going thurs) and then poss a neurologist, and put me on fuiritol??? for the headaches and the contractions and said hes going to monitor since i am trying to go into preterm labor. has anyone else experianced anything like this before??? i never had headaches like this with my daughter even with the preterm labor, and he seems to believe they are linked.
sorry again for the length just a lot to get out there.

by on May. 15, 2007 at 1:09 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-1):
gacgbaker
by on May. 15, 2007 at 4:37 PM
Oh my goodness!  I have not been through this, but I am so sorry that you are dealing with it now!  I hope that you get some answers soon and that you and baby stay healthy!  Let us know how things are going!
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)