Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Weird period

Posted by on Jun. 4, 2017 at 2:07 PM
  • 8 Replies
I just had my period a few days ago. It started off with spotting but didn't get much heavier the whole 3 days. It was just spotting. I took a test and it was negative. I guess my question is, has any of you gotten your period, had it be really light, gotten a negative test and still be pregnant? I know chances are slim and I am on the patch but I just feel like something is off with my body. Of course the first thing we knock out is pregnancy but I was just wondering if it's happened to anyone before. Thanks!
by on Jun. 4, 2017 at 2:07 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
Azure
by Group Admin on Jun. 5, 2017 at 2:54 PM

How are you doing otherwise? I would say you're probably not but if you're feeling off, might want to get checked out...

hurst0three
by Silver Member on Jun. 5, 2017 at 3:36 PM
I'm feeling really on edge lately. I was looking up some signs of different things and the thing that fits me the most is perimenopause. I have my gyn appt next week and we'll do some tests for it. I'm pretty sure I'm not pregnant.

Quoting Azure:

How are you doing otherwise? I would say you're probably not but if you're feeling off, might want to get checked out...

Quayla
by Member on Jun. 5, 2017 at 3:38 PM
2 moms liked this
Hormonal birth control can often cause periods to become very light or stop all together.
hurst0three
by Silver Member on Jun. 5, 2017 at 5:06 PM
Mine vary between light and heavy constantly. I have severe mood swings, urinary incontinence, low libido, migraines, hot flashes, and changing periods. I just can't win. I've been on the patch for 10 months. This all started right after my youngest was born. Shes 16 months now.

Quoting Quayla: Hormonal birth control can often cause periods to become very light or stop all together.
virginiamama71
by on Jun. 5, 2017 at 6:51 PM
It happened to my friends' sister.
kajira
by Emma on Jun. 5, 2017 at 7:31 PM

its unliekly. Most likely a reaction to the hormones of your patch.

Kmakksmom
by ~*Stefanie*~ on Jun. 9, 2017 at 5:52 PM

That is exactly what happened before I took several tests (all negative) to determine my last pregnancy.  I didn't believe it since both my husband and I are fixed.  I had to go to my OB/GYN for a blood test to determine that I was indeed pregnant.

Stevensmomma
by Silver Member on Jun. 9, 2017 at 8:04 PM
I say its just the patch as long as you didn't mess it up at all.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)