Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

When is too soon..

Posted by on Jun. 4, 2017 at 10:20 PM
  • 18 Replies
To schedule an appointment with the obgyn? I'm currently estimated 3-4 weeks, but I just want to make sure I'm actually Pregnant if that makes sense. Has anyone had any issues scheduling too early or anything?
by on Jun. 4, 2017 at 10:20 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
nanasue31204
by Member on Jun. 4, 2017 at 10:28 PM
You can call but typically they don't schedule you to see the doctor until 8-12 weeks unless you have had issues with previous pregnancies. You can ask to confirm pregnancy though and they will have you come in and pee in a cup and if you are they'll give a welcome to pregnancy package and you'll talk to a nurse about family history.
hugss
Take some *Time Out* for You, Join our Friendly/Supportive group :)
Yesterday at 11:35 PM
Time Out For You Group - CafeMom

Need some Time for You? Feeling stressed? Kick back, relax & take a break. If you're a woman who just wants to have fun, here's the place :)

by on Jun. 5, 2017 at 12:19 AM

I agree with this :)

Quoting nanasue31204: You can call but typically they don't schedule you to see the doctor until 8-12 weeks unless you have had issues with previous pregnancies. You can ask to confirm pregnancy though and they will have you come in and pee in a cup and if you are they'll give a welcome to pregnancy package and you'll talk to a nurse about family history.

blessedtohave7
by Silver Member on Jun. 5, 2017 at 8:11 AM
My obgyn doesn't start seeing patients until about 8 or 12 weeks. I think that's pretty normal with most doctors.
Eholwager
by Member on Jun. 5, 2017 at 9:26 AM

you can get a pregnancy test without seeing the OB at their office around 5 or 6 weeks

DixonBabies
by Silver Member on Jun. 5, 2017 at 10:25 AM
My ob sees patients right away so I would have already called
butterflycircle
by Silver Member on Jun. 5, 2017 at 11:39 AM

Mine starts at 6-8 weeks, used to be 8-12 for my old doctor.  can get in asap due to history.

Mine confirms with the same type of pregnancy test you buy at the store, in the office. Then they send you for all the blood work and stuff.

loquaciousred
by Member on Jun. 5, 2017 at 11:45 AM
Mind won't even do a pg Test. They say over the counter ones are enough. They do test when you come in at 8 weeks though
Azure
by Group Admin on Jun. 5, 2017 at 12:54 PM

I call to make mine right away because my ob is booked pretty far out.

janessa27
by on Jun. 5, 2017 at 2:26 PM

I scheduled as soon as I found out- they would always schedule it out a few weeks anyways

C.H.E.L.S.E.A
by Silver Member on Jun. 5, 2017 at 4:17 PM
I always call to schedule an appointment a couple hours after I get a bfp. I was seen at 8 weeks and at 5 weeks for my high risk pregnancy.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)