Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Pregnancy Pregnancy

WHERE IS MY BABY??

Posted by on May. 15, 2007 at 1:58 PM
  • 5 Replies
IM AM 38 WEEKS, 100% EFACED, AND 2CM DIALATED.  YESTERDAY MY DOCTOR STRIPPED MY MEMEBRANES TO HOPEFULLY GET THE PROCESS GOING.  IF ANYTHING IT SLOWED IT DOWN.  I  AM NO LONGER HAVING CONTRACTIONS AND I HAVENT FELT THE BABY MOVE ALL MORNING.  DO YOU THINK SHE IS JUST GETTING READY TO COME OUT??
by on May. 15, 2007 at 1:58 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
Sexymama1929
by Bronze Member on May. 15, 2007 at 2:37 PM
Some babies slow down movement wise right before they're born, getting ready for the birth. My daughter did the exact same thing, and I had her within 48 hrs. Towards the end, I could feel contractions more, and so we went to walmart and walked around for like 4 hrs. I went into labor early the next morning (2 am). So there's a good possiblility that your baby is getting prepared for it's journey! Keep us posted lol!  Good luck!
georgiamama07
by on May. 15, 2007 at 2:44 PM
You need to call your doctor immedatly if you haven't had kicks all morning long!!!! my son staied active up untill birth!! call and go get montoired just to be on the safe side!! walking and sex helped me.
Abbimom2004
by on May. 15, 2007 at 3:49 PM
with my daughter the doc said to report it when the baby's movements slowed down to less than 5 discernable movements in a 24 hour period because thats is one thing they look for when knowing the baby is ready to come out. He told me not to worry, that as the baby is decending it usually does stop its movements. My DD however has to be difficult and kicked and rolled and punched until she was born, even so hard as too knock the monitor off my belly in the labor room :)
gacgbaker
by on May. 15, 2007 at 4:30 PM
Babies movements will slow down the closer you are to your due date, however they just shouldn't stop all together.  I woudl call your doctor and ask to be seen just in case!  I hope that everything is ok!
youngmom2004
by on May. 15, 2007 at 11:50 PM
I would have to agree with what everyones saying. The baby tends to slow down right before birth. The baby should still be moving alittle bit. So if the baby is not moving by tonight or tomorrow i would call my doctor and go to the emergency room. I am 39 weeks and i am also 2 centimeters dilated but the doctor has not stripped my membranes. I am due May 26th. Keep us posted.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)