Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Help for my baby

Posted by on Jun. 17, 2017 at 11:48 PM
  • 32 Replies
Do any of you happen to know of agencies or anywhere where I can get assistance with buying my baby essentials she needs such as hygiene, clothing, diapers, etc? I know it's horrible to ask, but I'm trying my best to work and support my three other children while being pregnant all on my own. Any suggestions would by appreciated.
by on Jun. 17, 2017 at 11:48 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
DixonBabies
by Silver Member on Jun. 18, 2017 at 2:33 AM
1 mom liked this
You can try to see if your area has a pregnancy resource center. Maybe even calling 211? I'm sorry I'm not much help, but maybe someone else will be more helpful.
Roisin07
by Member on Jun. 18, 2017 at 5:48 AM
2 moms liked this

I'd call your local catholic charity. Don't matter what religion you are. If they can't directly help you they can point you to a place that can. When I had some difficulty they helped me find resources.

beadingmom17
by Silver Member on Jun. 18, 2017 at 5:49 AM
1 mom liked this
When are you due? A lot of those things aren't that expensive and you could buy a little each paycheck (That's what I did for my little guy...I knew money would be tight because I work in a school and don't get paid over summer). Mom to mom or garage sales are great for clothes.
kajira
by Emma on Jun. 18, 2017 at 7:33 AM
1 mom liked this

Ask local churches, Wic office, or even go to CPS agencies and ask if they have any resources for single mom's to help with baby essentials. (They may have lists of resources for low income families.)

kajira
by Emma on Jun. 18, 2017 at 7:34 AM
1 mom liked this

Also - When are you due?

I wouldn't have an issue mailing a box of clothes and same extra baby items I have left over. As soon as I know what gender I'm having in a few weeks, I can start sorting things out for you. I also have a crap ton of toddler stuff for both a boy and a girl.

kajira
by Emma on Jun. 18, 2017 at 7:36 AM
1 mom liked this

OH! As to clothes, use Ebay - Seriously. I get baby item lots of like 50-100 for like 60-75 bucks with shipping, and many, many of the items will basically be brand new and many will still have tags on them. There's no way to get that many items for cheaper in those kind of conditions.

Most baby stores,even gently used places charge 3-4 dollars an outfit.

Stevensmomma
by Silver Member on Jun. 18, 2017 at 11:56 AM
1 mom liked this
Ebay
Craigslist
Yard sales
momofnatalie
by on Jun. 18, 2017 at 12:00 PM
1 mom liked this

I know there are pregnancy centers in areas that provide free pregnancy testing and clothes and supplies to moms who decide to keep their babies.  I agree there are local charities, churches that will help you and also you can do a search in your area to see resources for pregnant moms.  I agree WIC is another place to go and see if you qualify for support when the baby comes.

Mammacra
by Bronze Member on Jun. 18, 2017 at 12:12 PM
1 mom liked this
Ericadenise1989
by Member on Jun. 18, 2017 at 2:30 PM
I'm due October 23 with my baby girl. I have more bills than what my monthly income is. I wish I could do some side jobs, but I'm suffering with SPD this time around and it hurts so bad. I try not to over exalt myself for the sake of my baby. Thank you for the advice.

Quoting beadingmom17: When are you due? A lot of those things aren't that expensive and you could buy a little each paycheck (That's what I did for my little guy...I knew money would be tight because I work in a school and don't get paid over summer). Mom to mom or garage sales are great for clothes.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)