Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

adoption

Posted by on Jun. 19, 2017 at 8:51 AM
  • 43 Replies

so iam putting up my baby up for adoption. what do u guys think if open or closed adoption. iam 17 years old

by on Jun. 19, 2017 at 8:51 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Queen_Coffee
by Member on Jun. 19, 2017 at 8:54 AM
2 moms liked this
That is up to you and the adoptive parents. Just be aware that an open adoption doesn't mean you can play mom, and it is also not legally enforceable in most states. Also, in order to place a baby for adoption, the biological father must give consent, and has the right to prevent an adoption from taking place. Have you spoken to a counselor (NOT one provided by an adoption agency) to make sure this is the best choice for you? Have you explored all your options?
teenmomjennifer
by New Member on Jun. 19, 2017 at 8:56 AM

hi yes i have and iam not with the baby dad we broke up

Queen_Coffee
by Member on Jun. 19, 2017 at 8:59 AM
That doesn't matter. It's his baby regardless of your relationship status and he has the right to prevent the adoption. If you have spoken to any reputable agency, they should have told you that already. It is NOT just your baby and it is NOT just your decision.

Quoting teenmomjennifer:

ablackdolphin
by Bronze Member on Jun. 19, 2017 at 9:04 AM
Regardless, wishing you all the best. Not an easy choice but one made out of love!
DixonBabies
by Silver Member on Jun. 19, 2017 at 11:41 AM
1 mom liked this
This. Dad has to sign.

Quoting Queen_Coffee: That doesn't matter. It's his baby regardless of your relationship status and he has the right to prevent the adoption. If you have spoken to any reputable agency, they should have told you that already. It is NOT just your baby and it is NOT just your decision.

Quoting teenmomjennifer:

LoriCroit
by on Jun. 19, 2017 at 1:53 PM

My heart goes out to you. This is not an easy decison to make.

There is a lot of help online that you might look into.  Adoption

I am thankful that you have made this decision and will pray for you, your baby, and the adoptive parents.

egyptian_mommy
by on Jun. 19, 2017 at 4:54 PM
Well, let me tell you about my moms. My mother was adopted via an open adoption. She knew her birth mother and her family and was/is close to that family as well as her adoptive family. It's had many benefits including more family and knowledge of medical history. (Strong history of cancer)

My 'adopted' mom was adopted via a closed adoption. She can't find out anything about her birth parents which really sucks because knowing their medical history could really benefit her. (She has a chronic illness)

Idk if that helps you at all but there's some insight into the two sides.
johnny4ever
by on Jun. 19, 2017 at 5:05 PM

I wish you luck with this decision.

mommyof7921
by Member on Jun. 19, 2017 at 7:57 PM

I agree with the other mom..maybe the father would love to raise the baby.

Stevensmomma
by Silver Member on Jun. 19, 2017 at 8:37 PM
Thats up to you and only you... this is something you will live with for your life. Go talk to counselors and make your decisions with the help of them not social media or friends.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)