Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Positive induction stories please...

Posted by on Jun. 19, 2017 at 11:40 AM
  • 26 Replies

I am expecting my third baby soon, and due to medical issues they would like to induce at 38 weeks. I am really a natural momma who believes that baby will come when ready, but I am trusting my doctor on this (I have medication controlled gestational diabetes is the main reason). I know of course that I could refuse, but the more I think about it the more I convince myself that they wouldn't suggest induction if they didn't think it was the right choice. I am just wanting to hear some positive stories about how it went for others.

by on Jun. 19, 2017 at 11:40 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Crca2003
by Member on Jun. 19, 2017 at 12:34 PM
1 mom liked this
I was induced at 41 weeks with my first. It went very smooth and I'm glad I did. Who knows how long it would've took my body to go naturally. Poor dd's skin was so cracked, dry and peeling to the point some areas were almost bloody....she was definitely in there to long. She was 9lb1oz.

I was also induced with my second at 40+2. That one went smooth as well. He was 8lb6oz.

I am being induced with this one as well (this Thursday!) but earlier....39+2.

So my experiences with induction have both been positive ones!
monkeydavis05
by Member on Jun. 19, 2017 at 12:54 PM
1 mom liked this

I've only had one induction (I'm currently pregnant with my 2nd). It went totally fine. They induced me at 41 weeks because my Dr didnt want me going further than that date. I was in labor about 12 hours, pushed for about 20 minutes. I did tear a little, but I'm sure that would have happened anyway. My daughter was 7lbs 8oz, and perfectly healthy.

egyptian_mommy
by on Jun. 19, 2017 at 5:03 PM
I've been induced twice due to diabetes and a history of a 10 1/2 lb baby. Both times went well, no issues. It was pretty fast too. I went in early in the morning, started the induction and had a baby by afternoon. I enjoyed those births a bit more because I had my favorite Dr and nurse there which made me able to relax more because I knew and trusted them both. And I knew exactly when I'd have the babies so arranging child care for my others was easier.
Stevensmomma
by Silver Member on Jun. 19, 2017 at 8:53 PM
My cousin was induced and everything went smoothly
Queen_Coffee
by Member on Jun. 19, 2017 at 8:58 PM

I'm an L&D nurse, we do a lot of inductions, mostly medical. A few elective, but we're working on getting our doctors to stop that nonsense. 

If it's your 3rd baby, your body knows what to do, so chances are everything will work out well. Have they discussed how they plan to induce you? How far along are you right now?

alkakfnxcpoem
by Silver Member on Jun. 20, 2017 at 4:28 AM
I was induced with my first. I had a very unfavorable cervix and things went surprisingly well. From start to delivery was 22 hours. I didn't really hit active labor until 8am (started at 4pm) and my son was born at 202 pm. Good luck!
scoopneck99
by Bronze Member on Jun. 20, 2017 at 6:29 AM

I was induced at 40 weeks with my son. If was already 4 cm. he was facing my hips and they ended up using the vacuum. He was 9.3lbs and I pushed for a little over an hour, induction took about 8 hours from start to push time. I wouldn't recommend it just to get comfortable but in your case I would trust doctors. Are you dilated at all?

momofsixangels
by on Jun. 20, 2017 at 7:25 AM
I've been induced a couple of times. If I could go back I wouldn't have done it. I think the drvdid it more for his convenience. But if there is a medical reason then I'd be all for it
rebeccasmommy09
by Bronze Member on Jun. 20, 2017 at 8:46 AM
All 3 of my kids so far were induced. Dd1 due to pre-e at 39 weeks, dd2 due to bp at 39 weeks and ds due to gestational diabetes at 40 weeks 3 days. I never had a real issue with any of them. The only thing was with dd1 when she got stuck on my tailbone but it had nothing to do with the induction, just the way my tailbone was shaped and because I was so swollen from the pre-e. She was also my longest labor. The other 2 went really fast. My body responds quickly to the pitocin.
Eholwager
by Member on Jun. 20, 2017 at 10:07 AM

I'm  in the EXACT same boat except induction at 37 weeks. All people tell me is how induction makes things worse. I'm a first time mom and terrified :(

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)