Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

First ultrasound... Not sure of viability yet.

Posted by on Jun. 19, 2017 at 12:49 PM
  • 36 Replies
1 mom liked this

Had a cyst rupture (confirmed.) and some spotting.

They weren't really able to see anything in the uterus, yet.

They were able to confirm HCG is rising appropriately, so 51 on thursday morning, and 338 sunday.

Tell me you guys can see the black circles in the uterus???? I'm nervous because the tech refused to look closer to get a better look at stuff because we were "so early."

I was basically told, I was 50/50 chance of miscarriage, due to the bleeding, and there's a possibility of it being ectopic, so I need to be closely monitored the next week with repeat labs/ultrasounds on ovaries, tubes and uterus to verify there's nothing wrong with my tubes/ovaries.

My right ovary is swollen like 20x it's normal size, and the bleeding went from pink/red, to brown-red, and now brown by this afternoon. It's not quite enough to need a pad, but it started after the cyst ruptured (the reason I went in.) and they verified it ruptured but then told me there's "no way the bleeding is from a ruptured cyst."

I've bled from ruptured cysts before.... so... I dunno what to think.

Throwing the words miscarriage and ectopic out there and refusing to look better at what was in my uterus didn't reassure me at all.

by on Jun. 19, 2017 at 12:49 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
nanasue31204
by Member on Jun. 19, 2017 at 1:20 PM
1 mom liked this
I've bled from ruptured cysts also so I don't know why they'd say that. Hopefully everything is going to be good and you'll have a happy healthy 9 months
kajira
by Emma on Jun. 19, 2017 at 1:35 PM

I literally felt it rupture, it was super painful on my left ovary, and then 2-3 hours later, I started spotting and by today it was old blood.

It wasn't a Lot of blood, but they confirmed the rupture, and the free fluid from the rupture below the ovary.... so... yeah. I dunno. My grandma has a history of bleeding internally from ruptured cysts, too. I have PCOS, and my cysts get pretty big and rupture larger than average, which has caused mid cycle spotting a lot over the years.

I just thought it was completely odd to say that there was no way it could have been from the cyst. I just wanted the cyst rupture verified, so I would "assume" it was spotting from that and not panic. Instead, they just made me panic more by labeling me a possible missed miscarriage, an impending miscarriage, a potential nonviable pregnancy, or a possible ectopic.

Quoting nanasue31204: I've bled from ruptured cysts also so I don't know why they'd say that. Hopefully everything is going to be good and you'll have a happy healthy 9 months

sunshinepraying
by on Jun. 19, 2017 at 1:38 PM
1 mom liked this
Hopefully everything is ok with the baby. Keeping you both in my prayers
egyptian_mommy
by on Jun. 19, 2017 at 4:56 PM
1 mom liked this
Hope everything is ok.
kajira
by Emma on Jun. 19, 2017 at 5:04 PM
they saw something near my ovary that could just be a cyst or it could be a topic they don't know yet they're going to do a scan Wednesday plus Labs Wednesday and Friday and then another scan next Tuesday so that they can compare to this weekend plus Wednesday and next week cuz since I ovulated more than one egg I could have an ectopic plus a viable pregnancy so they just have to be really careful before they make any decisions about what's going on

Quoting egyptian_mommy: Hope everything is ok.
egyptian_mommy
by on Jun. 19, 2017 at 5:11 PM
I understand. I'll be hoping for the best possible outcome for you.

Quoting kajira: they saw something near my ovary that could just be a cyst or it could be a topic they don't know yet they're going to do a scan Wednesday plus Labs Wednesday and Friday and then another scan next Tuesday so that they can compare to this weekend plus Wednesday and next week cuz since I ovulated more than one egg I could have an ectopic plus a viable pregnancy so they just have to be really careful before they make any decisions about what's going on

kajira
by Emma on Jun. 19, 2017 at 5:26 PM

Me too, thank you. Despite all of this, I feel like things are going to be okay.

Quoting egyptian_mommy: I understand. I'll be hoping for the best possible outcome for you.
Quoting kajira: they saw something near my ovary that could just be a cyst or it could be a topic they don't know yet they're going to do a scan Wednesday plus Labs Wednesday and Friday and then another scan next Tuesday so that they can compare to this weekend plus Wednesday and next week cuz since I ovulated more than one egg I could have an ectopic plus a viable pregnancy so they just have to be really careful before they make any decisions about what's going on

mommyof7921
by Member on Jun. 19, 2017 at 6:09 PM
1 mom liked this

Because of this post I just remembered that they seen a cyst on my 6 week ultrasound and said it was normal and now she is 7 months:). Don't loose hope..I also remember they seen a couple more on my 19 week ultrasound and it wasn't concerning..

kajira
by Emma on Jun. 19, 2017 at 6:47 PM

It's not the "cysts" they are worried about, ti's the mass on my ovary, that looks like an echogenic ectopic pregnancy getting started.

This is my left ovary - This looked completely normal to them, this is full of cysts, and the side that the cyst ruptured off of.

This white mass, here, on my right ovary, is what has everyone concerned. Officially/unofficially, it's either a dermoid cyst, or the start of an ectopic pregnancy and they don't know for sure, which one it is.

Quoting mommyof7921:

Because of this post I just remembered that they seen a cyst on my 6 week ultrasound and said it was normal and now she is 7 months:). Don't loose hope..I also remember they seen a couple more on my 19 week ultrasound and it wasn't concerning..

mommyof7921
by Member on Jun. 19, 2017 at 8:01 PM

Stay positive...I want to see your baby prove everyone's possible findings wrong. 

I love you new picture:)  

Quoting kajira:

It's not the "cysts" they are worried about, ti's the mass on my ovary, that looks like an echogenic ectopic pregnancy getting started.

This is my left ovary - This looked completely normal to them, this is full of cysts, and the side that the cyst ruptured off of.

This white mass, here, on my right ovary, is what has everyone concerned. Officially/unofficially, it's either a dermoid cyst, or the start of an ectopic pregnancy and they don't know for sure, which one it is.

Quoting mommyof7921:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)