Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

What's her name?

Posted by on Jul. 14, 2017 at 1:52 PM
  • 33 Replies

It's the question I get asked so often and my answer is "I don't know!" I'm 34 weeks and this baby girl still doesn't have a name. My other two kids weren't named until they were born either but by now we had at least narrowed it down to 2 names that we both liked and then we picked one after our babies were born. But this time we haven't even done that. We know her middle name will be Maria. After dh's grandma that passed away this past May. It's also my mom's middle name so it's a name from both sides. So now we need a first name to go with it lol. We've got some names that we like but I'd like to get it down to 2 choices. But when I bring it up to dh he just says he doesn't know yet which ones he likes best and we still have time. Well we don't really have that much time left and it's driving me crazy that we still have no idea what her name will be! 

Do you have a name picked out yet? What do you plan on naming your baby?

by on Jul. 14, 2017 at 1:52 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Azure
by Group Admin on Jul. 14, 2017 at 3:28 PM
1 mom liked this

Our next girl name will be Samantha Anne, if we're ever blessed with another baby.

nanasue31204
by Member on Jul. 14, 2017 at 5:18 PM
1 mom liked this
Our baby girl is due any day now and she will be Isabella Rose. We wanted a girlie name to go with our other daughter, Arianna Rayne. We had 3 boys first and used all the names we liked for them so thankfully this ones a girl or I'm not sure we would have agreed on a name.
virginiamama71
by on Jul. 14, 2017 at 7:24 PM
1 mom liked this
I would just say we will wait until the baby is born to decide on a name. I know people who do this and it's not an issue.
Stevensmomma
by Silver Member on Jul. 14, 2017 at 8:05 PM
1 mom liked this
I don't tell anyone till baby is here and named bc we had a incident with my inlaws and I wouldn't tell anyone again bc of it
Luke8212013
by Silver Member on Jul. 14, 2017 at 8:06 PM
1 mom liked this
We still haven't decided on a name either. We don't know if we are having a boy or a girl. I think I'm gonna have to see baby first.
ninjakids
by Member on Jul. 14, 2017 at 8:07 PM
1 mom liked this
With my oldest there was a general idea but nothing fully set until he was born (I agreed if a boy his father could pick his first name).

With my youngest I used the name that I loved from my oldest pregnancy, a couple of times I debated another name but I kept going back to it.

With dd we picked her name before we even started TTC. It was listed as unisex so we were going to use it either way
meghs82285
by Bronze Member on Jul. 14, 2017 at 8:19 PM
1 mom liked this
I tell people were naming this one "Number 5" because we have nothing that we like. I'm 28 weeks today so we have time but everything is just eh.
StaciF
by Silver Member on Jul. 14, 2017 at 8:41 PM
1 mom liked this
Eh we will name baby when he's born 👍🏼
momofnatalie
by on Jul. 14, 2017 at 9:23 PM
1 mom liked this

Don't worry, when you meet the baby you will know.  I didn't announce it until after the baby was born.

Sophie1106
by Bronze Member on Jul. 14, 2017 at 10:35 PM
Very pretty. My sil is a Samantha.

Quoting Azure:

Our next girl name will be Samantha Anne, if we're ever blessed with another baby.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)