Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Help please FTM

Posted by on Aug. 4, 2017 at 1:07 PM
  • 17 Replies
How do you know how much pampers to get? How much wipes to get. How much body wash to get? Everything I'm a FTM and I just wanna make sure we have enough of everything. And have everything that we need. I'm 21weeks we have started shopping I just wanna have everything we need. Help please.
by on Aug. 4, 2017 at 1:07 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
kajira
by Emma on Aug. 4, 2017 at 1:15 PM

Start with 1 small bottle - you don't know if your babies skin will even be okay wiht different brands. Chill out, buy as you need, and experiment with smells and brands.

I prefer lavender baby shampoo for my kids, but I know some babies need unscented.. my oldest could ONLY wear Huggies with out a diaper rash, but I've been able to use whatever brand for the other kids.

Sophie1106
by Bronze Member on Aug. 4, 2017 at 1:21 PM
I just buy a few packs of diapers and wipes to get us started. I got a few newborn size and a few size 1. After that I'll buy as needed. I got one bottle of body wash and will buy more when we start to run out.
Annisha23
by Member on Aug. 4, 2017 at 1:26 PM
What body wash do you use?

Quoting kajira:

Start with 1 small bottle - you don't know if your babies skin will even be okay wiht different brands. Chill out, buy as you need, and experiment with smells and brands.

I prefer lavender baby shampoo for my kids, but I know some babies need unscented.. my oldest could ONLY wear Huggies with out a diaper rash, but I've been able to use whatever brand for the other kids.

Annisha23
by Member on Aug. 4, 2017 at 1:27 PM
Guess i got to much of everything.

Quoting Sophie1106: I just buy a few packs of diapers and wipes to get us started. I got a few newborn size and a few size 1. After that I'll buy as needed. I got one bottle of body wash and will buy more when we start to run out.
Sophie1106
by Bronze Member on Aug. 4, 2017 at 1:31 PM
1 mom liked this
Well it doesn't hurt to be stocked up! You can always return or exchange anything if you have too much or need a different brand.

Quoting Annisha23: Guess i got to much of everything.

Quoting Sophie1106: I just buy a few packs of diapers and wipes to get us started. I got a few newborn size and a few size 1. After that I'll buy as needed. I got one bottle of body wash and will buy more when we start to run out.
GlitterInTheAir
by Bronze Member on Aug. 4, 2017 at 1:35 PM
Every baby is different but remember you can change babies diaper like ten times a day when they are newborn. And every baby is different. Don't go crazy with specific brands before you know if baby can tolerate if
Annisha23
by Member on Aug. 4, 2017 at 1:41 PM
I got huggies and pampers brand.

Quoting GlitterInTheAir: Every baby is different but remember you can change babies diaper like ten times a day when they are newborn. And every baby is different. Don't go crazy with specific brands before you know if baby can tolerate if
kajira
by Emma on Aug. 4, 2017 at 1:48 PM

I personally Johnson and Johnson's Lavandar baby shampoo. I don't bother with body wash. I just use the shampoo.

Quoting Annisha23: What body wash do you use?
Quoting kajira:

Annisha23
by Member on Aug. 4, 2017 at 1:50 PM
I thought you can use the body wash for shampoo. Or do you not?

Quoting kajira:

I personally Johnson and Johnson's Lavandar baby shampoo. I don't bother with body wash. I just use the shampoo.

Quoting Annisha23: What body wash do you use?

Quoting kajira:

SavySnap91
by Member on Aug. 4, 2017 at 1:56 PM

Start with one or two packs of everything, because your baby may not tolerate the first brand you get, and go from there. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)