• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I hate going to the Er

Posted by on Aug. 4, 2017 at 11:35 PM
  • 10 Replies

But I think I might be heading there this weekend. I've already been once this pregnancy, for a rhogam shot because I started bleeding and my regular OB couldn't get me in, and I felt terrible going for something that really isn't an emergency. 

This time, it's because I can't eat, I can't drink, if I move I start dry heaving, and I don't know if I can do this much longer. I saw my doctor on Tuesday, by her scale I've lost 7 pounds, which technically puts me in the underweight category for my height. She gave me a medicine called diclegis, which I've been taking faithfully, but I can't always get it down and it doesn't feel like it's doing anything. Now I'm getting to the point where I can't even drink (I was drinking club soda and coke, the two things I could actually manage to swallow) and even that's not really working anymore. My entire abdomen is sore, my throat is burning, and I'm just done. 

So, we're probably going to the ER in the morning, and I hate that, but I don't know what else to do at this point. 

by on Aug. 4, 2017 at 11:35 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
momofnatalie
by on Aug. 4, 2017 at 11:57 PM

Don't feel bad about going, you need to make sure you and baby are ok.

SavySnap91
by Member on Aug. 5, 2017 at 12:07 AM

Quoting momofnatalie:

Don't feel bad about going, you need to make sure you and baby are ok.

I know, and if it wasn't the fact that I can't even drink I wouldn't even consider it. I just feel bad using those resources so often. I'm not used to pregnancy being so hard on me. 

DKH722
by Member on Aug. 5, 2017 at 1:35 AM

If you cannot keep liquids down, then it is/could become an emergency. Don't feel so bad! It sounds like you could have hypermesis. I had it with my first, and I couldn't even get off the couch until I was almost 4 months pregnant! You can't take care of baby if you cannot take care of yourself. Dicegles has helped me tremendously this time around (#4). I hope you start feeling better! Don't be so tough on yourself, momma!

Kmakksmom
by ~*Stefanie*~ on Aug. 6, 2017 at 6:17 AM
*hugs*
Azure
by Group Admin on Aug. 6, 2017 at 4:42 PM

I'm sorry you're suffering. :( It doesn't sound like you overuse the ER.

SavySnap91
by Member on Aug. 7, 2017 at 12:13 AM
I know, and since I ended up admitted it was really legit, but still.

Quoting Azure:

I'm sorry you're suffering. :( It doesn't sound like you overuse the ER.

momofsixangels
by on Aug. 8, 2017 at 8:49 AM
Hope everything is ok
peachyisthelife
by Member on Aug. 8, 2017 at 9:13 AM

Gosh I'm so sorry you've been so sick, I can't imagine being that bad all the time!  I took diclegis with this pregnancy and it helped me a good bit-BUT it takes a while to start helping, doesn't work the same day.  If I didn't take it, I would be similar to you.  On the couch not able to eat or drink hardly anything at all.  I hope you get the help you need hon!

janessa27
by on Aug. 8, 2017 at 10:23 AM

Hugs-and I hope you start feeling better!

Scarlett.rose13
by Member on Aug. 8, 2017 at 12:53 PM

I hope everything is okay. it doesn't sound like your going to the er too much. I went to the er 5 times just in my first trimester with my first kiddo. and if you can't even keep liquids down, I think that is an absolute reason to go. sending hugs!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)