Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Pelvic Rest...Already :(

Posted by on Aug. 16, 2017 at 11:25 AM
  • 13 Replies
after my bleed episode and er visit Monday night I was told I can't lift anything over 10lbs. well, as a preschool teacher you're required to be able to lift up to 40lbs or more in children or furniture etc. I left my work know and showed them the note given on pelvic rest from the er.

They sent me home until I get signed off to lift at my OB appointment next friday, the 25th. That's a whole paycheck!

I'm freaking out praying my husband can get more hours this week.

im only 5 weeks and 5 days. high risk but didn't expect things to go wrong this early. Anyone else on pelvic rest this early? :(
by on Aug. 16, 2017 at 11:25 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
DKH722
by Member on Aug. 16, 2017 at 12:13 PM
I haven't experienced being on pelvic rest before. Im really sorry! Hopefully things look better at your next appt
BMead1695
by Member on Aug. 16, 2017 at 12:21 PM

Thanks, me too. I feel like this is going to be the longest 9 days ever.

Quoting DKH722: I haven't experienced being on pelvic rest before. Im really sorry! Hopefully things look better at your next appt

Stetsons-mommy
by Member on Aug. 16, 2017 at 1:40 PM
I was for a couple weeks that early because of spotting. It cleared up pretty quickly!
BMead1695
by Member on Aug. 16, 2017 at 1:42 PM
how did you pass time? what did you find you were unable to do aside from the lifting and sex?

Quoting Stetsons-mommy: I was for a couple weeks that early because of spotting. It cleared up pretty quickly!
Azure
by Group Admin on Aug. 16, 2017 at 1:56 PM

Sending positive thoughts your way. I'd look into another job, just in case the restrictions stay.

big_red05
by Member on Aug. 16, 2017 at 5:54 PM
Does your job offer disability?
BMead1695
by Member on Aug. 16, 2017 at 6:09 PM
no. I do have aflac which started the 1st.

Quoting big_red05: Does your job offer disability?
Dani1009
by Member on Aug. 16, 2017 at 6:32 PM
I had a bleed (caused by placenta previa) around 25 weeks and was hospitalized for 4 days, then released on pelvic rest & home bed rest for a week. I was absolutely panicking because I work part time & if I don't work, I don't get paid. Thankfully my regular OB let me return to work a week after the bleeding epiaode with a 15 pound lifting restriction & no repetitive bending or squatting. My boss is very accommodating & my return to work went well. It was wicked stressful worrying about being off work though, so I completely understand the anxiety that causes!
B3autifulCha0s
by Member on Aug. 16, 2017 at 6:57 PM
I wasn't put on pelvic rest with my second dd at 10wks because of a subchorionic hemorrhage. Once it healed was was released from rest. Took about 6wks. :(
momofnatalie
by on Aug. 16, 2017 at 7:55 PM

I'm sorry, I hope your doctor can clear you.  I was put on light duty but I am not required to lift things in my job.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)