Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Not baby related but I'm so happy

Posted by on Aug. 21, 2017 at 7:22 PM
  • 17 Replies
3 moms liked this
My DD's father has been an absent parent since she was 6 months old ,she's now 8. He pays child support from time to time and that's it. My DH has been raising her since she was 3 and to her that's daddy. She's always wanted his last name and it wasn't a possibility until today. Her father agreed to signing away his parental rights and my DH is going to adopt her. Just wanted to share with someone 😊
by on Aug. 21, 2017 at 7:22 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
heart_n_soul
by Bronze Member on Aug. 21, 2017 at 7:44 PM
1 mom liked this

That's awesome!! Our oldest is not my husband's biological child, but he adopted him after we got married. It was one of the best days of my life when it was made official. 

Stevensmomma
by Silver Member on Aug. 21, 2017 at 8:10 PM
1 mom liked this
Well that's good
browncoat
by Bronze Member on Aug. 21, 2017 at 8:11 PM
1 mom liked this
Awesome, congrats! It has been about a year since my DH adopted my oldest son (he's almost 13). It was a kind of frustrating and annoyingly expensive road, but worth it in the end!
B3autifulCha0s
by Bronze Member on Aug. 21, 2017 at 8:11 PM
1 mom liked this
How exciting!
lovemylife_15
by Bronze Member on Aug. 21, 2017 at 8:14 PM
May I ask how expensive? I anticipated about $2,000 for it . I know we have to do back ground checks, we're excused from the home visit because we've been married for two years. I'm still waiting on quotes from a few lawyers .

Quoting browncoat: Awesome, congrats! It has been about a year since my DH adopted my oldest son (he's almost 13). It was a kind of frustrating and annoyingly expensive road, but worth it in the end!
browncoat
by Bronze Member on Aug. 21, 2017 at 8:18 PM

I think we spent around $4K, maybe a bit over. The attorney told us that she couldn't imagine it would be more than the $2500 retainer, then of course it was. Plus all of the background checks for DH, the home study (they are always required in my state), and the guardian ad litem. 

Quoting lovemylife_15: May I ask how expensive? I anticipated about $2,000 for it . I know we have to do back ground checks, we're excused from the home visit because we've been married for two years. I'm still waiting on quotes from a few lawyers .
Quoting browncoat: Awesome, congrats! It has been about a year since my DH adopted my oldest son (he's almost 13). It was a kind of frustrating and annoyingly expensive road, but worth it in the end!

lovemylife_15
by Bronze Member on Aug. 21, 2017 at 8:20 PM
The guardian ad litem speaks on behalf of the minor child correct ?

Quoting browncoat:

I think we spent around $4K, maybe a bit over. The attorney told us that she couldn't imagine it would be more than the $2500 retainer, then of course it was. Plus all of the background checks for DH, the home study (they are always required in my state), and the guardian ad litem. 

Quoting lovemylife_15: May I ask how expensive? I anticipated about $2,000 for it . I know we have to do back ground checks, we're excused from the home visit because we've been married for two years. I'm still waiting on quotes from a few lawyers .

browncoat
by Bronze Member on Aug. 21, 2017 at 8:22 PM

Yep. Ours was another attorney who works in family law. He talked with my son for a while right before the hearing, asked us a few questions during it, and gave his blessing to the judge.

Quoting lovemylife_15: The guardian ad litem speaks on behalf of the minor child correct ?
Quoting browncoat:

lalasmama2007
by on Aug. 21, 2017 at 9:12 PM

congrats!

goddess99
by on Aug. 21, 2017 at 9:20 PM
That's great! Congratulations!!
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)