Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Trying not to worry...

Posted by on Aug. 22, 2017 at 12:05 PM
  • 3 Replies
I was in the ER Sunday night because I hadn't been able to keep anything down for over 24 hours and I started throwing up blood. They did an ultrasound and the doctor said baby looked good with a good heart beat but they kept asking me if I was sure I wasn't bleeding or hadn't been at any point. I haven't but I've had some stomach sensitivity. I was looking over my labs from the ER and it didn't look great. I was dehydrated(which I knew), there was protein in my urine ,urine albumin was abnormal and urobilinogen was high but I don't have any infection or anything. She told me I needed to follow up with my ob. I told her I had an appointment on the 30 th and she said but that's a whole ten days away. She made it seem like a pressing matter. I've contacted my ob but they don't have any openings at the moment . Should I worry ?
by on Aug. 22, 2017 at 12:05 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-3):
heart_n_soul
by Bronze Member on Aug. 22, 2017 at 12:20 PM

I don't think so. ERs are typically overly cautious with pregnant women. If there were truly something pressing, she would have addressed it or consulted the oncall OB to make sure you received the proper care. 

Jukebox_Jenny
by Bronze Member on Aug. 22, 2017 at 1:48 PM
1 mom liked this
This is my thought too

Quoting heart_n_soul:

I don't think so. ERs are typically overly cautious with pregnant women. If there were truly something pressing, she would have addressed it or consulted the oncall OB to make sure you received the proper care. 

Kmakksmom
by ~*Stefanie*~ on Aug. 22, 2017 at 9:05 PM
I wouldn't worry too much. Like the pp's said, ERs are usually overcautious.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)