Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Breathless & Worried

Posted by on Aug. 22, 2017 at 9:01 PM
  • 10 Replies
I'm only 6 weeks 5 days along. yes I'm a bigger person, but never did I experience the feeling of being breathless / winded after walking up 3 flights of stairs to my apartment before. it's really worrying me.

is this normal?
by on Aug. 22, 2017 at 9:01 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
modmommabear
by Bronze Member on Aug. 22, 2017 at 10:20 PM
Is it hot or humid there? Last summer when I was pregnant humid days made me feel like I couldn't catch my breath. I want to say I was 2 or 3 months.
BMead1695
by Member on Aug. 22, 2017 at 10:21 PM
a little hot but tolerable :/

Quoting modmommabear: Is it hot or humid there? Last summer when I was pregnant humid days made me feel like I couldn't catch my breath. I want to say I was 2 or 3 months.
Kmakksmom
by ~*Stefanie*~ on Aug. 22, 2017 at 10:48 PM
I've been breathless during pregnancy before often.
B3autifulCha0s
by Bronze Member on Aug. 22, 2017 at 10:55 PM
I'm on my 4th pregnancy and am so winded all the time. I don't ever remember being this winded with my other ones.
BlackBird_Trppd
by Member on Aug. 23, 2017 at 11:49 AM
I was winded from very early in pregnancy.
Stevensmomma
by Silver Member on Aug. 23, 2017 at 1:00 PM
I never had that maybe talk to your ob
Azure
by Group Admin on Aug. 23, 2017 at 5:22 PM

I think it sounds fairly normal, but as always, call your doctor if you're concerned.

newmelly2009
by Silver Member on Aug. 24, 2017 at 2:01 AM
Yep normal for me, your body is pumping more blood and working overtime
meghs82285
by Bronze Member on Aug. 24, 2017 at 7:52 AM
I was getting winded sitting in a chair in my first trimester! My husband was like "...seriously?!" At 17 weeks they started me on Flovent and I haven't had a problem since
DKH722
by Bronze Member on Aug. 24, 2017 at 8:40 AM
I'm not completely sure how normal it os that early. I'm 6 months pregnant and i almost died walking up 2 flights of stairs. I didnt think i was going to catch my breath and was going to need an inhaler or something. My school is built so weird and the stairs are very steep so it just took my body by suprise i guess. I almost always take the stairs everywhere so maybe its just because my lungs are getting cramped
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)