Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I can't believe what happened

Posted by on Aug. 23, 2017 at 8:20 AM
  • 37 Replies
You guys..I need prayers
So, I was working yesterday and my sister also works at the same hospital as I do. I heard a medical code go off which means that it is someone that needs help that is not a patient.
Well, it was my sister 😔 She passed out and hit her face on the floor. She fractured 3 different areas around her eye. I was found and taken down to be with her in the er- I contacted all of my family and found out that she needed transferred to a trauma center for surgery.
She is doing ok, I didn't get home untill after midnight. My feet were so swollen- which they haven't been at all. And I had contractions all night.
I need this baby to wait to come until things settle down a little bit. Trying to stay calm and not stress.
Please pray for my sister.
by on Aug. 23, 2017 at 8:20 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Amada
by Bronze Member on Aug. 23, 2017 at 8:22 AM
Prayers sent, honey!
Annisha23
by Member on Aug. 23, 2017 at 8:24 AM
1 mom liked this
Praying for you and your family.
yeehawhoney123
by Member on Aug. 23, 2017 at 8:53 AM
1 mom liked this
Prayers, and positive thoughts!
kajira
by Emma on Aug. 23, 2017 at 9:00 AM

oh my gosh!! I'm so sorry your sister is going through this. My husband's grandma, just fell, too, and fractured her arm/leg and hip. I'm waiting for her to go into surgery this morning and see if she survives or not, she's almost 101, and it's a lot of stress for an old lady :( So I can sympathize with your situation.

B3autifulCha0s
by Bronze Member on Aug. 23, 2017 at 12:24 PM
I'm so sorry hun! Saying prayers for her recovery and for you and baby. Do they know why she passed out?
Luke8212013
by Silver Member on Aug. 23, 2017 at 12:41 PM
Thank you

Quoting Amada: Prayers sent, honey!
Luke8212013
by Silver Member on Aug. 23, 2017 at 12:42 PM
Oh goodness she's almost 101, poor grandma!
That is a lot on an elderly person- I will pray for her. And thank you, I feel so bad for my sister 😔

Quoting kajira:

oh my gosh!! I'm so sorry your sister is going through this. My husband's grandma, just fell, too, and fractured her arm/leg and hip. I'm waiting for her to go into surgery this morning and see if she survives or not, she's almost 101, and it's a lot of stress for an old lady :( So I can sympathize with your situation.

Luke8212013
by Silver Member on Aug. 23, 2017 at 12:46 PM
Thank you.
They think it was probably a vasovagal response.
She was actually being videotaped for an educational video at work, they said the room was very hot and she was wearing special isolation gear-probably making her even hotter. Plus she said she was nervous.
They did a lot of testing and think it was that combination that made her pass out- unfortunately she was standing and just went down hard and her face hit the tile floor first😣
I feel so bad for her

Quoting B3autifulCha0s: I'm so sorry hun! Saying prayers for her recovery and for you and baby. Do they know why she passed out?
Roisin07
by Member on Aug. 23, 2017 at 12:47 PM

Hope she recovers well. Very scary for all of you. Hope baby holds off for you

B3autifulCha0s
by Bronze Member on Aug. 23, 2017 at 12:49 PM
Oh that's horrible. I'm sorry that happened. I'm glad you were working so you could be with her so she wasn't alone.

Quoting Luke8212013: Thank you.
They think it was probably a vasovagal response.
She was actually being videotaped for an educational video at work, they said the room was very hot and she was wearing special isolation gear-probably making her even hotter. Plus she said she was nervous.
They did a lot of testing and think it was that combination that made her pass out- unfortunately she was standing and just went down hard and her face hit the tile floor first😣
I feel so bad for her

Quoting B3autifulCha0s: I'm so sorry hun! Saying prayers for her recovery and for you and baby. Do they know why she passed out?
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)