Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

We didn't get the call

Posted by on Sep. 16, 2017 at 1:23 AM
  • 22 Replies

And now my imagination is going nuts and I'm driving myself crazy. I had my first trimester testing (blood work and the NT scan) done last Friday, 9/8/17, so it's been a week today, and we haven't heard anything. It's supposed to take 5-7 business days. So now I have to wait all weekend, and then hopefully get the call Monday that all is well. 

We did tell our oldest today that I'm pregnant, and he's so excited! He can't wait to find out if he's getting another brother or a sister. I'm so excited to tell everyone else tomorrow! I'm just worried that something is wrong and that is why it's taking so long to get results. 

by on Sep. 16, 2017 at 1:23 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Azure
by Group Admin on Sep. 16, 2017 at 9:23 AM
1 mom liked this

I would be going crazy too. Our clinic always says: No news is good news. I hope it's the same for your place.

browncoat
by on Sep. 16, 2017 at 2:40 PM
Do you know what 5-7 business days means? (Not be snarky, I'm just curious because it sounds like you expected to get results last week).

It isnt taking longer than anticipated, I wouldn't worry. If you don't hear by Wednesday, maybe give your OB a call.
Annisha23
by Member on Sep. 16, 2017 at 3:38 PM
I wouldn't worry. If something was wrong they would've been called you. All is well that's all you have to think about. No news is good news.
GlitterInTheAir
by Bronze Member on Sep. 16, 2017 at 6:00 PM
I got my NT results right as I sat in the room. My NIPT results actually happened to come in that day (I checked myself). My NIPT results were mailed to my OB, so I actually got them before they did.

They never call me unless something is wrong because they know that I go and check on all my own stuff
heart_n_soul
by Bronze Member on Sep. 17, 2017 at 12:56 AM

Quoting GlitterInTheAir: I got my NT results right as I sat in the room. My NIPT results actually happened to come in that day (I checked myself). My NIPT results were mailed to my OB, so I actually got them before they did. They never call me unless something is wrong because they know that I go and check on all my own stuff

I can't check it on my own until it's entered into the patient portal, and that's only done after their nurse has called the patient with the results :/ 

heart_n_soul
by Bronze Member on Sep. 17, 2017 at 12:57 AM

Quoting Annisha23: I wouldn't worry. If something was wrong they would've been called you. All is well that's all you have to think about. No news is good news.

They call either way, so it just means the results aren't in yet.

heart_n_soul
by Bronze Member on Sep. 17, 2017 at 12:57 AM

Quoting browncoat: Do you know what 5-7 business days means? (Not be snarky, I'm just curious because it sounds like you expected to get results last week). It isnt taking longer than anticipated, I wouldn't worry. If you don't hear by Wednesday, maybe give your OB a call.

Yes, I do know.

heart_n_soul
by Bronze Member on Sep. 17, 2017 at 12:58 AM

Quoting Azure:

I would be going crazy too. Our clinic always says: No news is good news. I hope it's the same for your place.

They call either way, with good news or with bad news, so it doesn't really mean much to not hear anything. It just means results aren't in, and with my last pregnancy I was told abnormal results take longer, so it just makes me nervous. 

luna321
by Bronze Member on Sep. 17, 2017 at 10:30 PM
Having been told that I can see why you are nervous but most likely all is well :) just think about knowing what you will be having

Quoting heart_n_soul:

Quoting Azure:

They call either way, with good news or with bad news, so it doesn't really mean much to not hear anything. It just means results aren't in, and with my last pregnancy I was told abnormal results take longer, so it just makes me nervous. 

Stetsons-mommy
by Bronze Member on Sep. 17, 2017 at 10:59 PM
Prayin you get a call tomorrow!!
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)