Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

ectopic??? help

Posted by on Sep. 16, 2017 at 11:52 AM
  • 12 Replies

I had my tubes tied a few years ago and lately i have had 2 missed periods with a little spotting... super super cravings... 2 positive pregnancy tests... my mood has been so bad that i have been having emotional meltdowns.. i have pelvic pressure and rectal pressure... could this really be a eptopic pregnancy what are your thoughts and has anybody gone through this before.

by on Sep. 16, 2017 at 11:52 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
DKH722
by Bronze Member on Sep. 16, 2017 at 11:57 AM
I've never gone through anything like that, but my mom did. She had to have a partial hysterectomy. How long ago did you get the positive tests? I'm just assuming, but if you have missed two periods, you are about 3 months? Have you tried to make an appt? If you dont have onr coming up or cannot get in soon, you should go to the emergency room.
DixonBabies
by Silver Member on Sep. 16, 2017 at 12:23 PM
When do you see your doc? I wouldn't wait.
mrsladyo
by New Member on Sep. 16, 2017 at 12:26 PM

I am supposed to have date night with the husband tonight and the children are going to my sister in laws but I might be spending that time in the hospital instead of the movie theatre

Quoting DixonBabies: When do you see your doc? I wouldn't wait.

browncoat
by on Sep. 16, 2017 at 2:36 PM
Yes, of course it could. It may just be an intrauterine pregnancy, but you are clearly pregnant.

When is your appointment? They should be getting you in right away.
KylersMom8-16-7
by Gold Member on Sep. 16, 2017 at 2:52 PM
1 mom liked this
I would definitely see your doctor now. You are pregnant but the only way to know it's ectopic is an ultrasound. Considering you've missed two periods it's really important to get checked out, ectopic pregnancies can rupture your tube pretty early.
Azure
by Group Admin on Sep. 16, 2017 at 5:16 PM
2 moms liked this

Why haven't you been to the doctor's yet?

peachyisthelife
by Member on Sep. 16, 2017 at 5:22 PM

Are eptopic pregnancies more common if you've had your tubes tied?  If you're in lots of pain go to ER.  Some pain is normal but if you feel it's more than what's normal you need to be seen.

Beautifulmom513
by Bronze Member on Sep. 16, 2017 at 5:23 PM
I had an ectopic pregnancy way back in 2004. I had no symptoms. I had no idea I was even pregnant because I never missed a period. In fact I just had one a week before when I all of a sudden felt excruciating pain. I went to urgent care. They did pregnant test that came back positive. They kept trying to tell me pain was normal. But I knew something was wrong. They didn't have equipment to do ultrasound. So I went to ER next day. They did ultrasound and then wouldn't let me leave. Rushed me into emergency surgery. They had no idea what was going on either. All they could see was I was bleeding internally. But they thought it could be cyst that ruptured maybe. Ending up being ectopic. I have no idea how far along I was since I never knew I was pregnant. They estimate tho maybe 8 weeks along or so as that's generally how far along they can get before tube bursts. Still scares me to this day because I had absolutely no symptoms and no idea I was even pregnant. It's something I always worry about.
anchorturtle
by on Sep. 16, 2017 at 5:27 PM
Keeps us updated hopefully it's just a regular pregnancy. Prayers
modmommabear
by Bronze Member on Sep. 16, 2017 at 8:14 PM
Anyone with their tubes tide needs to be checked early when pregnant. Etopic pregnancys are common, my mom had one 10 years after her surgery.

Get in now for an ultrasound.

Good luck!!!
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)