Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

really?

Posted by on Sep. 18, 2017 at 9:32 AM
  • 24 Replies

I want to preface this post by saying that yes, this is a ranty vent post.

During my last pregnancy, with my now 16 month old daughter, I was pregnant at the same time as one of my husband's sisters. Now, this sister has never liked me and she's in general a fairly unpleasant person to be around, so much so that her own parents limit their contact with her just because of how unrelentingly negative and self-centered she is. She was due a month after me, and hadn't told anyone she was pregnant. I shared my news after I was out of the first trimester, and holy crap, she flipped her shit. She called me cussing, ranting, and raving how I was selfish, taking the attention away from her, how her child deserved to be acknowledged, how I should keep my mouth shut about my pregnancy and not steal her thunder. This was my 3rd child, her 1st. The entire pregnancy I avoided her like the plague, but it was similar in timing to this one (dd was born in April, I'm currently due in March), so we had the holidays and family get togethers, etc. It was just very uncomfortable for everyone. When dd was born, her only acknowledgement was to say that I had better not bring her to the meet the baby party she was having for her son after his birth, because that was for HER baby 

This weekend, we told our families that I'm pregnant. Everyone is thrilled and it quickly got around to all the other family who wasn't there. 

And guess what I found out this morning? That very same sil is also pregnant and is due in April. She sent me a scathing text about how she should have known that I would pull this stunt again, how she has to share her limelight with me, how I should just get fixed and stop having kids. 

I'm happy to be getting another niece or nephew, I really and truly am.But really? I have to deal with this for another pregnancy? And yes, I already avoid her, I didn't respond to her text except to tell her congratulations, and I plan to ignore her tantrums as much as I can, but it's over the holidays again so we'll see her at family functions, and I'll receive texts from her, and she'll drive that whole side of my family crazy by doing nothing but bitching about me being pregnant. 

And yes, I am using this to distract myself from the fact that my results are not back yet (and yes, I did call the office just to confirm that they aren't back). Technically we're still within the normal time limit, 7 business days is today/tomorrow, but still. During my last pregnancy, I was told abnormal results take longer. It's taking longer :(

by on Sep. 18, 2017 at 9:32 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Stetsons-mommy
by Member on Sep. 18, 2017 at 9:36 AM
Omg you are a better person then me. I would have told her where to stick it. Every baby is a blessing. There is no stealing thunder. How old is she? Because ahe really needs to grow up. Keeping my fingers crossed on your results. Please let us know what you find out!
heart_n_soul
by Bronze Member on Sep. 18, 2017 at 9:38 AM

Quoting Stetsons-mommy: Omg you are a better person then me. I would have told her where to stick it. Every baby is a blessing. There is no stealing thunder. How old is she? Because ahe really needs to grow up. Keeping my fingers crossed on your results. Please let us know what you find out!

Saying anything about her attitude doesn't do any good. It's easier to just let her rant and rave, and ignore it as much as possible. She's 34. 

Thank you. I'm hoping and praying we get a call soon, and yes, I will!

Stetsons-mommy
by Member on Sep. 18, 2017 at 9:45 AM
It just amazes me that people are so high and mighty and selfish that they think the world needs to revolve around them.

Quoting heart_n_soul:

Quoting Stetsons-mommy: Omg you are a better person then me. I would have told her where to stick it. Every baby is a blessing. There is no stealing thunder. How old is she? Because ahe really needs to grow up. Keeping my fingers crossed on your results. Please let us know what you find out!

Saying anything about her attitude doesn't do any good. It's easier to just let her rant and rave, and ignore it as much as possible. She's 34. 

heart_n_soul
by Bronze Member on Sep. 18, 2017 at 9:52 AM

No one is quite sure why she is like that. None of her siblings are like that. Her parents are awesome. Her husband is great. She's just...the way she is!

Quoting Stetsons-mommy: It just amazes me that people are so high and mighty and selfish that they think the world needs to revolve around them.
Quoting heart_n_soul:

mrsniebo
by Bronze Member on Sep. 18, 2017 at 10:31 AM
Wow, she sounds like a peach. That's so weird that she thinks that her baby is the only one that matters.
DixonBabies
by Silver Member on Sep. 18, 2017 at 10:52 AM
You're due before her, so technically she's stealing your thunder if you wanted to be petty like her. Have fun with this again oy.
Azure
by Group Admin on Sep. 18, 2017 at 8:09 PM

I have a sister who responds like that at times. It's awful. Wish I had good advice. :(

DKH722
by Bronze Member on Sep. 19, 2017 at 12:06 AM
I'm super sorry..i literally don't know what else to say lol
heart_n_soul
by Bronze Member on Sep. 19, 2017 at 7:28 AM

Quoting mrsniebo: Wow, she sounds like a peach. That's so weird that she thinks that her baby is the only one that matters.

She's just extremely self-centered. She's worse with me, though no one really knows why. She had an instant dislike of me from the day she found out about me, apparently she was trashing me to her family before she ever met me, so I'm not sure why I'm so special :/ 

heart_n_soul
by Bronze Member on Sep. 19, 2017 at 7:28 AM

Quoting DixonBabies: You're due before her, so technically she's stealing your thunder if you wanted to be petty like her. Have fun with this again oy.

Good point!!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)