Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

can someone answer this?

Posted by on May. 15, 2007 at 5:09 PM
  • 5 Replies
if there is a good chance that you are prego, do you have to wait until five days before your missed period to test?
by on May. 15, 2007 at 5:09 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
KayleysMomma
by on May. 15, 2007 at 5:12 PM

I would wait a little bit longer.  There are different types of tests.  I would get the Clear Blue Digital Test--those are nice.    If you want to be sure and don't waste a lot of money on them....though....(they are expensvie) I would wait until 1 or 2 days after you missed your period.  Waiting and pateince is the key to being pregnant.  I'm in the same situation~

So, I would wait.  Don't get your hopes down too early.  Wait and See~~  In the mean time--Good Luck~

mommi_libby
by on May. 15, 2007 at 5:19 PM
I agree with the above. Wait until after your missed period. I waited for 2 weeks after my missed period. Just in case it was just going to be irregular.
EmisMommy
by on May. 15, 2007 at 5:30 PM
At 5 days before you are 40% likely to get an accurate positive.  Not very good.  I tested on Monday (5 days before) and it was negative.  I tested on Friday (1 day before) and got my positive.
gacgbaker
by Platinum Member on May. 15, 2007 at 5:32 PM
I agree, wait until your period is late to test.  The tests that advertise that they can test 5 days before, if you read the box, they are only 48% (or something along those lines) accurate at that point.  It is just a waste of money to test that soon.  When you do test remember to test first thing in the morning and don't drink too much water so that your urine isn't deluded... you will get the best and most accurate results that way! 
jlminer82
by on May. 15, 2007 at 8:01 PM
Thats exactly what I did! I waited 2 weeks after missed period! I've had times where I, was late a week and turned out it was just horomones or nerves stuff like that changes in your life in such it fakes you out. I would def wait at least 2 weeks. Preg tests arn't cheap!
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured