Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

6 weeks and no yolk sac

Posted by on Sep. 20, 2017 at 11:43 AM
  • 11 Replies
I'm 6 weeks pregnant and I've had an ultrasound but all they see is a gestational Sac no yolk Sac or fetal Pole. And I'm just curious if anyone else has experienced that
by on Sep. 20, 2017 at 11:43 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
heart_n_soul
by Bronze Member on Sep. 20, 2017 at 1:06 PM

I have not, but if you're just a few days off on your dates, it could still be too early to se eanything else. 

big_red05
by Member on Sep. 21, 2017 at 12:51 AM
You can't usually see those things that early
DKH722
by Bronze Member on Sep. 21, 2017 at 10:45 AM
I think you should definitely give it another 10-ish days and ask for a rescan! Things can always be off by date or just take a few days longer to develop this early. My due date was off by a little over a week based off of lmp and how far along i actually was..it is shocking what a difference 10 days made!
Stevensmomma
by Silver Member on Sep. 21, 2017 at 12:28 PM
8 weeks is the normal to have a ultrasound thats a bit early
Beautifulmom513
by Bronze Member on Sep. 21, 2017 at 12:36 PM

Mobile Photo

You might have your dates off. This was my ultrasound at 5w6d and you can clearly see something.
LibraBalance
by Member on Sep. 21, 2017 at 8:00 PM
I have and it ended up being a enlightened ovum. I knew my dates for sure bc I was tracking ovulation, though. Good luck!
B3autifulCha0s
by Bronze Member on Sep. 22, 2017 at 12:27 AM
Mine didn't have a fetal pole until 6wks 2 days.

It's still early. Have them do another check in a week.
smorgan865
by Silver Member on Sep. 22, 2017 at 12:31 AM
1 mom liked this
It's still very early. The office I went to wouldn't even attempt ultrasounds before 8 weeks, but the first one is typically scheduled at 10 weeks.
browncoat
by Bronze Member on Sep. 22, 2017 at 2:46 PM
Honestly, that's probably because miscarriages are so common so they just wait that period out (or because people are inaccurate with their dates). Most reproductive endocrinologists will do an ultrasound at 6 weeks because by then you can reliably see if there's a pregnancy and how many embryos there are.

Quoting smorgan865: It's still very early. The office I went to wouldn't even attempt ultrasounds before 8 weeks, but the first one is typically scheduled at 10 weeks.
smorgan865
by Silver Member on Sep. 22, 2017 at 4:24 PM
I'm sure that's their reasoning and if OP would have had to wait then she wouldn't be worried right now.

Quoting browncoat: Honestly, that's probably because miscarriages are so common so they just wait that period out (or because people are inaccurate with their dates). Most reproductive endocrinologists will do an ultrasound at 6 weeks because by then you can reliably see if there's a pregnancy and how many embryos there are.

Quoting smorgan865: It's still very early. The office I went to wouldn't even attempt ultrasounds before 8 weeks, but the first one is typically scheduled at 10 weeks.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)