Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

sickness, moving and kids

Posted by on Sep. 21, 2017 at 11:16 PM
  • 10 Replies

I'm brand new to this site, I will admit to reading posts from time to time but I never wanted to chime in until now. I'm Danielle, I have a daughter Autum who is 4 years old and I am 9wks pregnant due in April 2018 with our 3rd child. Yes, I said 3rd, in 2015 when my daughter was barely two years old I found out I was pregnant. Everything was just fine up until 21 weeks when my water broke of it's own accord. My husband called 911 and I was taken directly to the hospital. There was absolutely nothing that could be done and our son Grant was born and died the same day. To say that I am very worried and anxious about this pregnancy is an understatement. I guess the morning sickness is a gift in a way, I know that there is a baby in there growing on schedule but I am miserable. I have not gained any weight at all and I havent lost any either which I take as a good sign, but I am barely holding any food down. According to my food journal I have only been able to take in 200 calories today. My OB told me that if it gets any worse I have to go to the ER and get fluids and meds and I am praying it wont get to that. 

On top of ALL of this, we are moving from our hometown to a place that is 4 hours away because of my husbands job. I have never moved while pregnant and I dont know how deal with all the planning. His new job starts in mid January, we have to be there by January 1st and I will be 24wks pregnant. Has anyone else out there done a move at this stage? How hard was it? Any advice? 

Thanks 

by on Sep. 21, 2017 at 11:16 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
C.H.E.L.S.E.A
by Silver Member on Sep. 22, 2017 at 6:43 AM
Congrats on your pregnancy. I'm so sorry for the loss of your sweet little Grant. A pregnancy after a loss like that is the scariest thing! My second pregnancy ended in the stillbirth of my daughter Evelyn at 26w5d. My rainbow pregnancy with my son was very traumatic. It was worth it of course but boy was it difficult. The level of fear and anxiety is unreal. As far as moving, I've moved while 3 months pregnant. I just lifted light stuff and focused more on organizing and putting things away. Try to do simple tasks and don't strain yourself, especially with your history. Just do a little bit here and there and try to get as much help as you can.
Azure
by Group Admin on Sep. 22, 2017 at 10:27 AM

First of all I want to say I'm sorry for the loss of your sweet baby.

Moves at that stage are really hard-depending on how you're feeling. DH and I moved by ourselves and it took us forever to unload everything. We had to have the UHaul back by a certain time so we shoved everything in the garage just to get it out of the UHaul so we could return it and then we unloaded from there over the next couple of days.

countrygirl1218
by Member on Sep. 23, 2017 at 9:03 AM
1 mom liked this

When I was 30 weeks, we found a great buy on a beautiful, large home out in the country that we could not turn down.  We knew that we were going to try to have several more babies so we could not turn down the deal.  I was just very careful to move light items.  At 30 weeks, I was pretty big and was not much help.  We were able to move in about two weeks before I went into labor.  I found it very private and comforting to walk outside and I did much of my laboring outside.

chaoticjoy
by on Sep. 25, 2017 at 10:18 AM

I am so sorry you are facing this.... I have only had an early miscarriage before my last child, so I cannot say that I know what you have been through, I just wanted to let you know that I am praying you can find some peace during this crazy busy-ness your are facing. It can't be easy navigating this pregnancy with the anxiety you are feeling, but that anxiety is completely understandable. After my miscarriage I was petrified throughout the next pregnancy that something was going to go wrong, I think this is human nature. Add onto that the struggles you are facing now with this pregnancy and your anxiousness is completely understandable. Has your doctor been able to prescribe any ant-nausea meds to help you with the morning sickness? I know during my first pregnancy my doctor told me that I was able to use an OTC med to help alleviate the nauseous feeling... As far as moving goes, can you reach out to family and friends to help you with the brunt of the work, I am sure if you expressed to them how you are feeling, they would reach out if they are close. As a wife and a mother I know it is difficult to ask for help, but it sounds like you could use it now. Do the unpacking a little at a time, get the necessities in place and then do a box a day. In 10 years, when you look back upon this part of life, you and your family will not remember that you lived one box at a time. You will look back upon this time and chuckle about the adventure you were on. I am praying for you mommy, that the move goes smoothly and you and your baby are healthy during this pregnancy! 

B3autifulCha0s
by Bronze Member on Sep. 25, 2017 at 10:30 AM
I moved 1100 miles away when I was 6 months pregnant with my 3rd daughter. It was hard. We drove, my husband and oldest daughter who was 2-1/2 in our suburban pulling a Uhaul trailer and me in the car with my 15month old who screamed and cried 85% of the drive. It was hard. But my in-laws had helped us pack up the trailer because obviously I couldn't be lifting furniture and heavy boxes. We had to stop every couple hours to let me stretch and let the kids run around. So it took us like 3 days to get to our new home in a different state. But I made it through it just fine.

Make busy bags, have a basket of books and coloring stuff and snacks in reaching distant for you other child to keep occupied. 4 hours isn't so bad so I'm sure you guys will do just fine.

I'm sorry about your loss, I've suffered 3 myself but not as late as you were. I'm currently pregnant with a rainbow baby (baby after miscarriage) and I've been in edge the first 12wks. I'm starting to ease up a bit but I suspect you may feel on edge until you pass the week's time of your last loss. Do they know why your water broke so early?

Good luck! You got this!
peachyisthelife
by Member on Sep. 25, 2017 at 10:40 AM

I'm so sorry your pregnancy has been so rough!!  Your worry is totally understandable after your loss.  I can't imagine being so sick and thinking about (or doing!) a move!  USUALLY sickness is at least mostly gone by 24 weeks so good chance you'll be a good bit better by the time the move happens.  I was horribly sick as well and I was good by about 17-18w.  Good luck hon!

caydensmommy8
by Member on Sep. 25, 2017 at 5:27 PM
First, let me start off by saying how sorry I am about your sweet baby, Grant. My second son, Bentley was stillborn at 40 weeks, May 2016. Then I unfortunately suffered 2 miscarriages after him. First one was October 2016 and then the other was January of this year.I am now 25 weeks pregnant with our 5th and it took me til about 23 weeks to calm down and not freak out so much. I do still have moments but it's not so bad. Pregnancy just isn't as easy after you have experienced a loss. You know the bad that can happen. Your always going to worry throughout this entire pregnancy. Some days just won't be so hard. Will your OB allow you to come in just to listen to the heartbeat when your feeling nervous between appointments? That's been really helpful for me.
To answer your question about moving, I was in the first trimester, only about 6-7 weeks, with Bentley, when we moved into our house. Right around the time the morning sickness kicked in full force. It was rough. We werent even done packing up our apartment. I was just tired and didn't feel good. My husband did all of the heavy lifting with the help of my dad and sister. They treated me like a porcelain doll. All I really had to do was tell them where things go and unpack boxes. Since you will be well into your 2nd trimester during your move, try to just sit back and let everyone else move things. Then you can just sit in chair and unpack stuff. But take it easy on yourself it doesn't have to be done all in one day.
dgreyson1102
by New Member on Sep. 26, 2017 at 12:09 AM

Quoting C.H.E.L.S.E.A: Congrats on your pregnancy. I'm so sorry for the loss of your sweet little Grant. A pregnancy after a loss like that is the scariest thing! My second pregnancy ended in the stillbirth of my daughter Evelyn at 26w5d. My rainbow pregnancy with my son was very traumatic. It was worth it of course but boy was it difficult. The level of fear and anxiety is unreal. As far as moving, I've moved while 3 months pregnant. I just lifted light stuff and focused more on organizing and putting things away. Try to do simple tasks and don't strain yourself, especially with your history. Just do a little bit here and there and try to get as much help as you can.

Thank you, it was very hard, at first, to accept this new pregnancy even though it was very much wanted. Grant's birth and death really did a number on my heart but at the same time my husband and I both feel like he's watching over his newest sibling. The anxiety is out of this world and even though I see a therapist along with my OB it's been overwhelming to say the least. 

I have decided to start bit by bit on moving. This week I am packing up our rarely used guest room, next week I will tackle my daughter's room and remove the toys she doesnt use and put up her summer clothes. I am trying  to do it in sections to hopefully lessen the load. 

dgreyson1102
by New Member on Sep. 26, 2017 at 12:10 AM

Quoting Azure:

First of all I want to say I'm sorry for the loss of your sweet baby.

Moves at that stage are really hard-depending on how you're feeling. DH and I moved by ourselves and it took us forever to unload everything. We had to have the UHaul back by a certain time so we shoved everything in the garage just to get it out of the UHaul so we could return it and then we unloaded from there over the next couple of days.

Thank you for the kind words. I am not looking forward to the move but I am not dreading it as much as I previously was. I think, in a way, this  will be good for our family but my god if I am not freaking out over the details!

dgreyson1102
by New Member on Sep. 29, 2017 at 12:19 AM

Just as an update, yesterday I ended up in the ER due to severe vomiting, nausea and I could not keep anything down, not even water. When I stepped on the scale I was shocked to see the numbers had gone down, I have lost about 5lbs at this point when I thought I hadn't at all. The ER doc hooked me up to IV fluids, with Zofran and I felt a little better when I left. I have an appointment with my OB tomorrow at 9am to discuss my nausea because now they are worried about it. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)