Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

¿?Confused¿?

Posted by on Sep. 23, 2017 at 4:32 PM
  • 12 Replies
1 mom liked this
Hello everyone. I guess I'll just dive right in. This may be long...

So I'm pregnant. And according to my last cycle I should be nine weeks along. Now I have had two miscarriages in the past and two children. Right away my doctor did multiple blood test. My numbers were low but were still going up so she didn't seem too concerned. My progesterone was low also so I was put on medicine for that. I went in to have a sonogram last week, when I should've been eight weeks. What the tech found was a sac measuring 5 weeks with something inside but she couldn't tell what. That puts me three weeks behind where I should be. I've already come to the conclusion that I'm going to have a third miscarriage.

My doctor finally called me back about the sono(getting them to call me with the results of all my tests this far has been like pulling teeth) and she said that I'm earlier than we thought and that there's nothing to worry about. They never answer their phones and I always have to leave a voicemail. So me asking her how this is even possible is out of the question until I see or talk to her again. She wants another sono in two weeks. I hate not knowing for sure if this pregnancy is viable or not. I have had no spotting(except for in the beginning before I even knew I was pregnant and it was just once and very little) and have light cramping on and off almost every day. Many other pregnancy symptoms as well.

This would have had me receiving my bfp at 10dpo

What are your thoughts? Any similar stories?
by on Sep. 23, 2017 at 4:32 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
DKH722
by Bronze Member on Sep. 23, 2017 at 5:35 PM
I understand your hesitation, but you shouldn't doom yourself before you kmow what is going on. Obviously, dates being off is confusing..but you probably ovulated much later than you expected. The spotting sounds like implantation bleeding. If you had an ultrasound amd saw something, your levels are low but rising and you are having symptoms, that all points more to your dates being off than your pregnancy not being viable. I had a miscarriage in Sept of last year and i am 29 weeks with our rainbow baby. My pregnancy started out very similar to yours. Based off of lmp, we werent seeing what was expected on the ultrasound, and my hopes were low that things would end well. I just hate to see people feel hopeless etc, even though i know how common those geelings are after a loss. Just have a little hope until you have some concrete evidence that things are going wrong 😊
DixonBabies
by Silver Member on Sep. 23, 2017 at 7:54 PM
It's very possible that you were 10dpo especially with low numbers.
browncoat
by Bronze Member on Sep. 23, 2017 at 8:38 PM

10dpo is a reasonable time to get a BFP. If your numbers were low but rising, that makes sense that you weren't as far along as you thought. It sounds like you are on track for having a normal pregnancy that started later than you thought because you had a wonky cycle.

luna321
by Bronze Member on Sep. 23, 2017 at 10:03 PM
I hope all turns out well! When this happened to me (I should have been 8 weeks) it did not and took 2 additional ultrasounds in over 2 weeks to confirm. Before the last ultrasound the day I got my bfp really made no sense like 5 dpo I think? Your 10 is much more reasonable and there were many women with similar stories to mine and now yours with happy endings. It really could go either way at this point but seems promising to me your doc is not too concerned and your numbers were rising! My thoughts are with you 😊
Kierri
by Bronze Member on Sep. 23, 2017 at 11:40 PM
Looks like maybe I held onto that sliver of hope a bit too long. I started cramping pretty bad and I'm bleeding. More than just spotting too. Pretty sure I'm having a miscarriage now.
luna321
by Bronze Member on Sep. 23, 2017 at 11:42 PM
I'm so sorry, hugs!

Quoting Kierri: Looks like maybe I held onto that sliver of hope a bit too long. I started cramping pretty bad and I'm bleeding. More than just spotting too. Pretty sure I'm having a miscarriage now.
DixonBabies
by Silver Member on Sep. 24, 2017 at 9:04 AM
I'm so sorry
SelinaDylan
by on Sep. 24, 2017 at 12:56 PM
Well judging by the demeanor of your doctors I don't think its too
complicated a case. I have done a lot of research on pregnancy, and
some of these problems are common. Bear in mind that I may be wrong.
I ain't no gyaenocologist. But I will tell you to confront them. If they don't
answer their phone, text them. Mail them, Facebook them (if possible)
or straight up barge into their clinics. This is too serious a matter to take
lightly. Take it from me, a 40 year old infertile woman. I have been
dreading to have a child for the past 12 years. And I would have
succeeded had it not been for a bad uterus. Hence, I am very passionate
regarding these matters. But whatever you do, don't panic. That will not
ameliorate things. And don't do anything without talking to your doctor.
If you're not satisfied by them, consult another
Woodstock1
by on Oct. 7, 2017 at 2:24 AM

I'm so sorry for your previous losses and I can completely understand your fears with this one.  Try to not stress and have faith! Believe that your rainbow baby is here and don't worry yourself. I know it's easier said than done but try and enjoy this time and don't waste the miracle of pregnancy on worrying about what could happen.  You know you ARE pregnant and just try and get rest, eat healthy and don't stress! Take care of yourself. I'm praying for you! 

Kierri
by Bronze Member on Oct. 15, 2017 at 11:35 AM
Sadly I lost this pregnancy. We'll be tryin again after Christmas. Will be our last time as I can't handle it emotionally

Quoting Woodstock1:

I'm so sorry for your previous losses and I can completely understand your fears with this one.  Try to not stress and have faith! Believe that your rainbow baby is here and don't worry yourself. I know it's easier said than done but try and enjoy this time and don't waste the miracle of pregnancy on worrying about what could happen.  You know you ARE pregnant and just try and get rest, eat healthy and don't stress! Take care of yourself. I'm praying for you! 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)