Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Looking for a VBAC doctor near Charlotte, NC please help

Posted by on Sep. 24, 2017 at 9:58 PM
  • 11 Replies
I am looking for a VBAC doctor. I am in Charlotte NC. Please if anyone knows any doctors around here or not too far, please give me their details. I greatly appreciate it!
by on Sep. 24, 2017 at 9:58 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
lovemylife_15
by Bronze Member on Sep. 24, 2017 at 10:43 PM
I'm not sure about vbac but Dr. Al (not sure how to spell is name ) at Lake Norman OB is amazing. Also the doctors at Copperfield OB in Concord are great too,definitely worth checking them out.
2017mama
by Member on Sep. 24, 2017 at 10:57 PM
Okay, thank you so much!

Quoting lovemylife_15: I'm not sure about vbac but Dr. Al (not sure how to spell is name ) at Lake Norman OB is amazing. Also the doctors at Copperfield OB in Concord are great too,definitely worth checking them out.
C.H.E.L.S.E.A
by Silver Member on Sep. 25, 2017 at 9:26 AM
2 moms liked this
The ICAN (International Cesarean Awareness Network) website has a list of hospitals in each state and states whether they allow vbacs, have a ban, or defacto ban. It's the website I used to find a hospital where I had my vbac.
2017mama
by Member on Sep. 25, 2017 at 10:57 AM
Oh wow thank you so much!!! This is a huge help!

Quoting C.H.E.L.S.E.A: The ICAN (International Cesarean Awareness Network) website has a list of hospitals in each state and states whether they allow vbacs, have a ban, or defacto ban. It's the website I used to find a hospital where I had my vbac.
Curlymom234
by Member on Sep. 25, 2017 at 1:39 PM
1 mom liked this

You may just want to call around. My doc says that VBAC's aren't really as scary as they used to be. They just said they won't induce me. 

2017mama
by Member on Sep. 25, 2017 at 10:39 PM
I definitely will! Thank you

Quoting Curlymom234:

You may just want to call around. My doc says that VBAC's aren't really as scary as they used to be. They just said they won't induce me. 

BRhapsody
by Member on Sep. 26, 2017 at 9:31 AM

I don't live there, but good luck!! I'm in the same boat in my area, trying to find a VBAC friendly doctor.

anxiousschk
by Silver Member on Sep. 27, 2017 at 6:34 PM
1 mom liked this

Look at midwives in the area, a quick google search shows that there are some in the area and they should certainly be VBAC friendly.  

If you go with an OB, ask at your first appointment just how VBAC friendly they are.  Ask what his C-section rate is, ask if they will let you move around when you are in labor -- my "VBAC friendly" doctor was going to require constant monitoring and didn't have a portable monitor, so I would only be allowed to move within 3-4 feet.  

Do you want to be in a tub/shower at all? Does your doctor allow that? 

What kind of support does your doctor allow in the room? A doula? 

All questions you'll want to ask.  I say this as someone who was very mislead by a VBAC friendly doctor.  I wound up switching around 33 weeks and couldn't have been happier with the outcome. 

2017mama
by Member on Sep. 27, 2017 at 7:01 PM
Thank you so much! These are awesome questions!!!😁🤗 I appreciate your help!

Quoting anxiousschk:

Look at midwives in the area, a quick google search shows that there are some in the area and they should certainly be VBAC friendly.  

If you go with an OB, ask at your first appointment just how VBAC friendly they are.  Ask what his C-section rate is, ask if they will let you move around when you are in labor -- my "VBAC friendly" doctor was going to require constant monitoring and didn't have a portable monitor, so I would only be allowed to move within 3-4 feet.  

All questions you'll want to ask.  I say this as someone who was very mislead by a VBAC friendly doctor.  I wound up switching around 33 weeks and couldn't have been happier with the outcome. 

lovemylife_15
by Bronze Member on Sep. 27, 2017 at 8:39 PM
1 mom liked this
Just adding lake Norman OB has midwives as well.

Quoting 2017mama: Thank you so much! These are awesome questions!!!😁🤗 I appreciate your help!

Quoting anxiousschk:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)