Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Possible pregnancy?

Posted by on Sep. 25, 2017 at 10:17 PM
  • 8 Replies
My last period was August 27 - September 2. On my 5 th day my boyfriend and I had unprotected intercourse and he ejactualted inside me. I lightly bled/ spotted September 9-12. I have lost my appetite for some thing that I would normally eat. I tried to eat shrimp the other day but I could not eat it. I love shrimp and seafood. I have been really hungry at times. I eat throughout the whole day but can’t eat big portions. My lower back has become uncomfortable as well as my lower abdomen and bladder area. It is very uncomfortable if I sleep on my stomach. I have also been having weird cramps and pains. I’ve been getting a few headaches and more tired than usual. I’ve also gotten more acne on my face. I start my next period October 9. These aren’t my normal PMS symptoms. I’m waitig to see if I do start my period before I take a test or if I do start then I won’t take one. I was just wanting to see what y’all thought.
by on Sep. 25, 2017 at 10:17 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
C.H.E.L.S.E.A
by Silver Member on Sep. 26, 2017 at 7:21 AM
I'm slightly confused on your dates. So you have a 43 day cycle? Or are you counting the spotting from September 9-12 as a period? And the unprotected sex was on the 5th day of your period, which would be Aug 31? I'm guessing you're not pregnant since the time you had unprotected sex was during your period. But of course, anytime you have unprotected sex you could be pregnant. If you think you might have conceived a couple weeks ago you can test now. You can usually get an accurate test result 2 weeks after ovulation.
luna321
by Bronze Member on Sep. 26, 2017 at 8:49 AM
I also was confused by the day 5. Did you mean 5 days after your period or day 5 of your cycle from the first day? Either way with how long your cycles are it's not very likely that you are. The time between ovulation and your period is on average 14 days (of course this varies quit a lot) but still with the time of intercourse I would be shocked.
BRhapsody
by Member on Sep. 26, 2017 at 9:30 AM

I'm very confused by your dating. 

K3412
by Member on Sep. 26, 2017 at 9:33 AM
Based on your timing, it's not incredibly likely that you are. It's entirely possible to convince yourself that you are and then perfectly normal or unrelated "symptoms" into symptoms of pregnancy in your mind. Until your period is late, if it is, I wouldn't worry.
NearSeattleMom
by Member on Sep. 27, 2017 at 2:12 AM

Pregnancy symptoms and PMS can be very similar . . . so you're just going to have to wait until you miss your period and then take a test.

Good luck!

Quoting Lilbit1114: My last period was August 27 - September 2. On my 5 th day my boyfriend and I had unprotected intercourse and he ejactualted inside me. I lightly bled/ spotted September 9-12. I have lost my appetite for some thing that I would normally eat. I tried to eat shrimp the other day but I could not eat it. I love shrimp and seafood. I have been really hungry at times. I eat throughout the whole day but can’t eat big portions. My lower back has become uncomfortable as well as my lower abdomen and bladder area. It is very uncomfortable if I sleep on my stomach. I have also been having weird cramps and pains. I’ve been getting a few headaches and more tired than usual. I’ve also gotten more acne on my face. I start my next period October 9. These aren’t my normal PMS symptoms. I’m waitig to see if I do start my period before I take a test or if I do start then I won’t take one. I was just wanting to see what y’all thought.

DKH722
by Bronze Member on Sep. 27, 2017 at 1:14 PM
You should go ahead and take a test
Curlymom234
by Member on Sep. 27, 2017 at 2:59 PM

Go ahead and test. I knew I was pregnant 3 weeks before my missed period. 

DixonBabies
by Silver Member on Sep. 27, 2017 at 3:03 PM
See your doc
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)