Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

#7!!

Posted by on Sep. 26, 2017 at 9:34 AM
  • 36 Replies

Hi! I just joined, and I'm so excited to be here. I'm due April 22nd with baby #7. Our older children are 11, 8, 6, 6, 5, and 2. I'm currently 10 weeks, and even though I'm due in April, I'm anticipating a March baby, as all but one of my children came at 35 weeks. 

So far I've had two prenatal appointments, with two different doctors. The OB I had with all my previous pregnancies retired this summer, and so I'm left to find someone new. As a VBAC, grand multip, and over 30 (though only barely, I'm 31), it's apparently hard to find a doctor who will work with me! Both of the ones I saw were not VBAC friendly at all. The first flat out said he would schedule a c-section at 35 weeks exactly, based on my history, and the second said it might be ok, but unlikely, and she also wanted to put me on the McKenna injections again (been there, done that, did nothing but hurt, so NO). 

So, that's today's task, find a new OB. 

by on Sep. 26, 2017 at 9:34 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
sapphirelibra
by Gold Member on Sep. 26, 2017 at 9:42 AM
Congratulations!!!! My husband has always said he wanted 7 kids and that he would name the seventh "Seven".. LOL!
Good luck finding a new OB.
BRhapsody
by Member on Sep. 26, 2017 at 9:43 AM

Quoting sapphirelibra: Congratulations!!!! My husband has always said he wanted 7 kids and that he would name the seventh "Seven".. LOL! Good luck finding a new OB.

LOL! Mine has said the same thing, because it's unisex, so it'll work regardless. I've vetoed that. 

Thanks! I never realized how very lucky I actually was with the OB that I had. Even with having all my records those last two just didn't want to support or work with me. 

sapphirelibra
by Gold Member on Sep. 26, 2017 at 9:55 AM
I have had the same doctor for all 5 of my pregnancies and adore him. I would be upset if I had to find someone new. I hope you can find someone who will listen and work with you and make you feel comfortable.
Quoting BRhapsody:

Quoting sapphirelibra: Congratulations!!!! My husband has always said he wanted 7 kids and that he would name the seventh "Seven".. LOL!
Good luck finding a new OB.

LOL! Mine has said the same thing, because it's unisex, so it'll work regardless. I've vetoed that. 

Thanks! I never realized how very lucky I actually was with the OB that I had. Even with having all my records those last two just didn't want to support or work with me. 

Azure
by Group Admin on Sep. 26, 2017 at 11:17 AM

Don't you know how that happens?!  ;) Just kidding. Congrats! We're expecting our sixth. Good luck finding a new ob.

browncoat
by Bronze Member on Sep. 26, 2017 at 11:22 AM
Congrats! I'm 32 and pregnant with#7 as well:) (though four aren't mine). I'm sorry to hear you are having a hard time finding a doctor.

Are you basing your decision about the progesterone based on just your experience, or on research? I declined it as well, but it's because I've only had one birth prior to 35 weeks (34 weeks, 6 days!). It's not the most pleasant thing, but not THAT bad, ya know? (I did it daily for 2-3 months for three of my pregnancies).
HisUsmcWifey
by Silver Member on Sep. 26, 2017 at 12:35 PM
Welcome and congrats!
hurst0three
by Silver Member on Sep. 26, 2017 at 2:20 PM
Welcome and congrats!!
DKH722
by Bronze Member on Sep. 26, 2017 at 2:40 PM

I thught you couldnt have a VBAC before 37 weeks gestation? Honestly askin, I have never had a csection or VBAC. Good luck, either way!

Luke8212013
by Silver Member on Sep. 26, 2017 at 5:05 PM
Congratulations!! I hope you find the doctor that's right for you!
BRhapsody
by Member on Sep. 26, 2017 at 6:23 PM
1 mom liked this
Me too! I found one and have an appointment in 2 weeks, she sounds good, so I'm hopeful.

Quoting Luke8212013: Congratulations!! I hope you find the doctor that's right for you!
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)