Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Pregnancy and work

Posted by on Sep. 29, 2017 at 7:31 PM
  • 3 Replies
I work from home which is great. I have been watching the same children for over a year. I am trying to figure what my plans need to be. I don't want to lose the kids. I have grown so attached to them. 18 month old twins and a 2 year old. What should i do for maternity leave ? I was asked by a mom today. I was thinking taking 4 weeks off, and then hire a part time helper for another few weeks. All of the parents seem to want to work with me on it. I can't really afford more than a month off because were trying to buy a home. So everything is getting a little stressful.
by on Sep. 29, 2017 at 7:31 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-3):
sciencelady
by Member on Sep. 29, 2017 at 7:52 PM
2 moms liked this
Sounds pretty good, but you might need to have a backup plan in case you need a c section.

I also work from home, but it is computer based and freelance. I'm thinking of not taking assignments with deadlines after 38 weeks. Then I'm going to take 6 weeks off completely after the baby is born, and then slowly start taking jobs slowly.
HollyLM26
by Member on Sep. 29, 2017 at 8:04 PM
I want to take 4 weeks off anyways. Then hire help for maybe another 3-4 weeks. I think that would be a good plan. I just hadn't really thought about it alot until today, and started stressing about it. Lol
I never had to work with my other 2 pregnancys. I'm definitely gonna want the time off though.

Quoting sciencelady: Sounds pretty good, but you might need to have a backup plan in case you need a c section.

I also work from home, but it is computer based and freelance. I'm thinking of not taking assignments with deadlines after 38 weeks. Then I'm going to take 6 weeks off completely after the baby is born, and then slowly start taking jobs slowly.
Azure
by Group Admin on Sep. 30, 2017 at 4:26 PM

I'd probably plan for at least six weeks. I hope you can figure something out.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)