Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Recommendations (bottles)

Posted by on Oct. 15, 2017 at 3:38 PM
  • 7 Replies
Hi everyone,

I will be heading back to work very soon(next Monday) and I'm currently having a difficult time deciding on which bottles to purchase. My son will be six weeks when I go back to work. Any recommendations?. Also how much should I pump for each bottle?

Thank you in advance!!
by on Oct. 15, 2017 at 3:38 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
scoopneck99
by Bronze Member on Oct. 15, 2017 at 3:42 PM
1 mom liked this

Don't go nuts buying a lot of on. I usually use nuk with luck. Pay attention to nipple flow if you notice him getting gassy or throwing up. I pumped 2 oz bags for the first 3 months so I could add to bottles without having to dump it if it wasn't used. Then I started pumping 4oz per bag. By the time she was a year old I would use 6oz bags since it wasn't as much milk and more foods for her. Good luck, hopefully he does all and you can get into the swing of things easily.

peachyisthelife
by Member on Oct. 15, 2017 at 9:31 PM
I've asked this and I get a million answers! I have bought Tommee Tippee for this baby. People seem to like Tommee, Dr Brown (probably more for gas issues), Comotomo-not sure I spelled that one right. And people like Avent and Nuk!
mrs.macmanus
by Member on Oct. 15, 2017 at 11:56 PM
1 mom liked this
The breastfeeding group has some great advice for bottle feeding when you go back to work. I need to check the charts on tummy size again before I have this baby because I can't remember the correct amounts to put in bottles. As far as bottle type, I recommend going to the store and looking at the display bottles. Since you are breastfeeding, find one with a nipple shape as similar to yours and only get the slowest flow nipple. Don't get the faster ones as baby grows because your breasts won't become faster flow later one. My oldest refused to nurse once I put her on faster flow bottles.
KylersMom8-16-7
by Gold Member on Oct. 16, 2017 at 12:12 AM
1 mom liked this
Buy cheap, slowest flow possible, and make sure the caregiver does paced feedings.

https://kellymom.com/bf/pumpingmoms/feeding-tools/bottle-feeding/

https://kellymom.com/category/bf/pumpingmoms/

Quoting luvinmybabies20: Hi everyone,

I will be heading back to work very soon(next Monday) and I'm currently having a difficult time deciding on which bottles to purchase. My son will be six weeks when I go back to work. Any recommendations?. Also how much should I pump for each bottle?

Thank you in advance!!
luvinmybabies20
by Member on Oct. 16, 2017 at 10:21 AM
Thank you so much for the information!

Quoting KylersMom8-16-7: Buy cheap, slowest flow possible, and make sure the caregiver does paced feedings.

https://kellymom.com/bf/pumpingmoms/feeding-tools/bottle-feeding/

https://kellymom.com/category/bf/pumpingmoms/

Quoting luvinmybabies20: Hi everyone,

Thank you in advance!!
luvinmybabies20
by Member on Oct. 16, 2017 at 10:22 AM
Thank you!

Quoting scoopneck99:

Don't go nuts buying a lot of on. I usually use nuk with luck. Pay attention to nipple flow if you notice him getting gassy or throwing up. I pumped 2 oz bags for the first 3 months so I could add to bottles without having to dump it if it wasn't used. Then I started pumping 4oz per bag. By the time she was a year old I would use 6oz bags since it wasn't as much milk and more foods for her. Good luck, hopefully he does all and you can get into the swing of things easily.

tina08mommy
by Bronze Member on Oct. 16, 2017 at 10:13 PM
I love avent but I use big nipple one. It's all about what the baby likes too.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)