Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

If you were giving a gift to a fellow pregnant mom...

Posted by on Oct. 21, 2017 at 8:39 PM
  • 11 Replies

What would you give her?

by on Oct. 21, 2017 at 8:39 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Stetsons-mommy
by Member on Oct. 21, 2017 at 9:10 PM
3 moms liked this
Something off her registry. I just had my shower and it's frustrating because everyone asks what you need and if you have a registry and then they don't use it lol.
missbritt22
by Brittany on Oct. 21, 2017 at 9:35 PM
1 mom liked this
It depends if she is a first time mom or has multiple children. First time moms I always ask if they have a registry. Moms that already have children I usually will just get diapers and wipes, then maybe 1 cute outfit for baby :)
DKH722
by Bronze Member on Oct. 22, 2017 at 1:59 AM
1 mom liked this
I just had my shower and it honestly is super frustrating..i registered for a lot of the little things we NEED for baby. So im talking 90% of my registry items were less than $15. I got so many cute things and i do appreciate it, but nothing we needed. I was like, why did yall ask me to make a registry lol

Quoting Stetsons-mommy: Something off her registry. I just had my shower and it's frustrating because everyone asks what you need and if you have a registry and then they don't use it lol.
mrs.macmanus
by Member on Oct. 22, 2017 at 11:51 AM
I'm going to a shower today for a first time mom and nothing I got her is off her registry but it's things that I know she will need based on talking to her. I got her tucks pads and stool softener (she was complaining of constipation and hemorrhoids), nipple cream, lip balm and warm fuzzy socks for labor & some teething rings for baby.
Stetsons-mommy
by Member on Oct. 22, 2017 at 1:03 PM
Exactly!

Quoting DKH722: I just had my shower and it honestly is super frustrating..i registered for a lot of the little things we NEED for baby. So im talking 90% of my registry items were less than $15. I got so many cute things and i do appreciate it, but nothing we needed. I was like, why did yall ask me to make a registry lol

Quoting Stetsons-mommy: Something off her registry. I just had my shower and it's frustrating because everyone asks what you need and if you have a registry and then they don't use it lol.
browncoat
by Bronze Member on Oct. 22, 2017 at 1:44 PM

A gift for her, or a baby shower gift?

If it was for her, I'd get her a prenatal massage. If it was a shower gift, I agree with the registry idea. Or there are a handful of baby items that I loved that I recommend for people (a certain breastfeeding pillow, baby carrier, little hygiene items), but I would have to know what she has and doesn't have

kajira
by Emma on Oct. 22, 2017 at 5:29 PM

When my best friend got pregnant with her first, I gave her a good pregnancy book that I found was invaluable while pregnant.

Sarah725
by Gold Member on Oct. 22, 2017 at 7:16 PM
1 mom liked this

I gave a pregnant mom today a Belly Band.  I just love those because I'm always all belly.

Azure
by Group Admin on Oct. 23, 2017 at 8:20 AM

That drives me crazy. I never understand asking someone what they need or want and then getting them something totally different.

yeehawhoney123
by Member on Oct. 23, 2017 at 9:16 AM
Yes! I haven't had my baby shower yet, but I know what you mean. I will be happy and so gratefull for all we receive, but it is frustrating to organize and list what we need and have people ask where we registered, and it ends up not making a difference. Worst case scenario, we get to go buy baby stuff that we need afterwards!

Quoting DKH722: I just had my shower and it honestly is super frustrating..i registered for a lot of the little things we NEED for baby. So im talking 90% of my registry items were less than $15. I got so many cute things and i do appreciate it, but nothing we needed. I was like, why did yall ask me to make a registry lol

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)