Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Important

Posted by on Oct. 22, 2017 at 2:49 AM
  • 10 Replies
Hello im 35 about to be 36 weeks pregnant sunday and last week i went into preterm labor and stopped i was at 3 1/2 cm. But now its been a week im having contractions but they arent that close plus now my vaginal area kinda swollen and its pressure everytime i try to use the bathroom any ideas am i going into labor and not feeling the real deal i tend to have a high tolerance for pain and this inst my first rodeo and no my water isnt broken
by on Oct. 22, 2017 at 2:49 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
caydensmommy8
by Member on Oct. 22, 2017 at 9:24 AM
3 and a half centimeters and they didn't keep you? At the hospital here they admit you if your at 3cm. Do you have trouble urinating? With my first, I couldn't pee for 6 hours before my water broke. And when I say couldn't, I literally I couldnt get a drop of pee out even though I knew I had to go. But it sounds like your close. If you make it to 37 weeks start going on several brisk walks a day, intercourse, raspberry leaf tea if you like to drink tea. Good luck to you
B3autifulCha0s
by Bronze Member on Oct. 22, 2017 at 9:42 AM
I walked around dilated at 3-1/2cm for 5wks before I actually went into labor and the dr had to break my waters. Have you tried a labor ball (a large yoga ball) to help relieve some pressure down there? You sit on them and rotate your hips around move back and forth and stuff.

It sounds like your close.
alkakfnxcpoem
by Silver Member on Oct. 22, 2017 at 3:14 PM
Sounds like you could have a UTI maybe.
browncoat
by on Oct. 22, 2017 at 4:47 PM
1 mom liked this

Man, I'd have been there for well over a month!! lol

Quoting caydensmommy8: 3 and a half centimeters and they didn't keep you? At the hospital here they admit you if your at 3cm. Do you have trouble urinating? With my first, I couldn't pee for 6 hours before my water broke. And when I say couldn't, I literally I couldnt get a drop of pee out even though I knew I had to go. But it sounds like your close. If you make it to 37 weeks start going on several brisk walks a day, intercourse, raspberry leaf tea if you like to drink tea. Good luck to you

Tiana313
by New Member on Oct. 22, 2017 at 4:56 PM
I got checked for uti i dont have one but now im feeling sick and wanna puking everything up

Quoting alkakfnxcpoem: Sounds like you could have a UTI maybe.
Tiana313
by New Member on Oct. 22, 2017 at 4:59 PM
I didnt have too much of a choice of wat hospital i go too which is sad but the hospital admits u in at 4 cm...and this st. John hospital here is terrible ive been to them with my last child and i basically felt mistreated

Quoting caydensmommy8: 3 and a half centimeters and they didn't keep you? At the hospital here they admit you if your at 3cm. Do you have trouble urinating? With my first, I couldn't pee for 6 hours before my water broke. And when I say couldn't, I literally I couldnt get a drop of pee out even though I knew I had to go. But it sounds like your close. If you make it to 37 weeks start going on several brisk walks a day, intercourse, raspberry leaf tea if you like to drink tea. Good luck to you
caydensmommy8
by Member on Oct. 22, 2017 at 5:14 PM
Well they admit you and induce contractions.

Quoting browncoat:

browncoat
by on Oct. 22, 2017 at 6:36 PM
That’s a terrible and unsafe policy!! Are you sure that’s true?

It’s very normal for women, especially multiparous women, to be dilated for weeks before labor starts. That’s why there’s really no reason to do cervical exams at the end of pregnancy- there’s no correlation between dilation and onset of labor. They would be performing a ton of completely unnecessary inductions if they admit and induce any woman who was only dilated to 3cms.

Quoting caydensmommy8: Well they admit you and induce contractions.

Quoting browncoat:

luna321
by Bronze Member on Oct. 22, 2017 at 6:41 PM
I would have been for weeks last time too... and he was my first! I got admitted when I was 6cm and new I was in labor.

Quoting browncoat:

alkakfnxcpoem
by Silver Member on Oct. 22, 2017 at 9:09 PM
Yeah, but they wouldn't induce contractions on a pre-term baby unless medically indicated.

Quoting caydensmommy8: Well they admit you and induce contractions.

Quoting browncoat:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)