Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Prenatal depression

Posted by on Nov. 16, 2017 at 8:02 PM
  • 8 Replies
Hello everyone, I am currently 24 weeks pregnant with my second child and I have been really depressed since I found out I was pregnant. Some days I am happy about having another bundle of joy (my 1st is 9) and other days I just cry because I feel like I already do everything around the house myself (no help from my spouse) and I feel it’s only going to get worse after the baby is born. I have tried to talk to him about how I feel and all he says is why are you worrying about things that haven’t happened yet. If any of you have experienced this before and can provide some advice for me I would greatly appreciate it.
by on Nov. 16, 2017 at 8:02 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
shaiorta
by Member on Nov. 16, 2017 at 8:10 PM
Oh my God literally word for word my husband says that to me it drives me freaking crazy! Usually he helps me around the house but for the last few months he has barely lifted a finger and I know that he is stressed and frustrated with work but when I try to tell him I need help he just tells me to stop letting myself be lazy and just get up and do it... Oh boy I just want to strangle him at times like that
Khuntz23
by New Member on Nov. 16, 2017 at 8:16 PM
I know the feeling. I work full time and my daughter is in travel soccer so I run up and down the road 3x a week for practice and sometimes 2 hours 1 way for a game on the weekends (he comes to all the games but never takes her to practice) I was a single mother up until we meet when she was 3 and I just feel like history is repeating itself with me doing everything on my own (not being single again) I vowed I would t have another one because it was so hard for me the first time but then we got pregnant and I was so sad but he was so excited since this is his first biological child but he hasn’t really showed much interest past the first month after we found out.
mommyof7921
by Bronze Member on Nov. 16, 2017 at 11:59 PM

try having a long heart to heart talk with him and let him know that you really need his help.

Azure
by Group Admin on Nov. 17, 2017 at 9:12 AM

I would let him know that you feel brushed off and that you really need to be heard.

WiseFabulous
by on Nov. 18, 2017 at 10:51 PM

Im so sorry you are feeling this way. Honestly, i think its the hormones. Try to take control over your thoughs and worries. Read a positive article or a book every day and ask your spouse to start taking walks. Walks do amazing things for our mental health. Sending you lots of love dear!

NoraDun
by Platinum Member on Nov. 18, 2017 at 11:29 PM

Hugs hun, never been through this, but wanted to wish you the best. Hopefully talking to other women will help you feel better! 

NHOPE127
by on Nov. 22, 2017 at 1:02 PM

Oh yes, I understand.  My children are 10 years apart and I took care of everything in the home too.  They are now 20 and 10 so I did survive!!  There were days though when he came home from work that I would let him know that I needed to get out of the house, even if it was just to go grocery shopping alone.  He would usually help out in that way.

Also, the house doesn't have to be perfect.  Learn how to let some things go and prioritize.  It's ok to not be perfect.  As a matter of fact, it is normal.  Once that baby arrives, your mother instincts will kick in and you'll be able to do more than you thought.  Ask for help from others when needed.  Make the call, you'd be surprised how willing people are to help out if asked.

Mamabear2015
by on Nov. 22, 2017 at 2:25 PM

Hi,

Congratulations on your new baby! I know sometimes our emotions during pregnancy are very hard to figure out completely. You are doing a great job. Have you thought about some marriage counseling? This could help prepare both of you for the new bundle and allow for some discussion on the duties involved at home. You are important as well and taking care of yourself is a vital. You’re doing a awesome job and you have a 9 year old helper too. Keep up the good work.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)