Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Three gestational sacs

Posted by on Nov. 18, 2017 at 9:40 AM
  • 21 Replies
1 mom liked this

I'm Diana, I'm a mama of 8, and, thanks to my Mirena apparently falling out, I'm pregnant. I had an ultrasound yesterday and was dated at 5 weeks 4 days, with a due date in July 2018, and they saw THREE gestational sacs. No heartbeats yet, but I have already conceived two sets of twins and conceiving with all those hormones being out of whack already increases my risk, so I'm a little bit terrified right now. I'm trying to hold on to the hope that we'll end up with one, or maybe two at the most, healthy babies. I go back to my ob on the 27th. 

by on Nov. 18, 2017 at 9:40 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
kajira
by Emma on Nov. 18, 2017 at 12:41 PM
1 mom liked this

I've been pregnant, twice with twins, so I understand your concerns! :O

My second twin pregnancy, only 1 developed a functional heartbeat after 8 weeks, so it's possible, that despite the sacs, you'll only end up with 1 baby.

I had mixed feelings on losing baby B in mine (since we saw a body, not just a sac.)

I'll cross fingers that it works out how it needs to work out for you.

StarFishQueen
by Member on Nov. 18, 2017 at 5:03 PM

My first set of twins we lost one baby at 14 weeks gestation. I was a litlte sad, but overall totally ok with it. 

I would be ok with a set of twins this time, but I'd also be ok with just one baby. I don't think I'd handle triplets very well, because even though it is just one more baby, it's still one more baby and that can make a huge difference. 

Thank you, I appreciate that.

Quoting kajira:

I've been pregnant, twice with twins, so I understand your concerns! :O

My second twin pregnancy, only 1 developed a functional heartbeat after 8 weeks, so it's possible, that despite the sacs, you'll only end up with 1 baby.

I had mixed feelings on losing baby B in mine (since we saw a body, not just a sac.)

I'll cross fingers that it works out how it needs to work out for you.

mommyof7921
by Bronze Member on Nov. 18, 2017 at 10:44 PM

Congratulations.

StarFishQueen
by Member on Nov. 19, 2017 at 4:22 AM

Quoting mommyof7921:

Congratulations.

Thanks

Sarah725
by Gold Member on Nov. 19, 2017 at 5:52 AM
Hopefully everything goes smooth. I know increase in baby means increase in medical concerns and you already have your hands full. Keep us updated, congratulations!!
StarFishQueen
by Member on Nov. 19, 2017 at 9:05 AM
1 mom liked this

Quoting Sarah725: Hopefully everything goes smooth. I know increase in baby means increase in medical concerns and you already have your hands full. Keep us updated, congratulations!!

I hope so too. We do have our hands full, that's for sure! We weren't planning on having another baby for at least a few years, if at all, so this caught us by surprise. And now we might be getting three?! At least that would for sure answer the question of, are we done, with a resounding YES!

missbritt22
by Brittany on Nov. 22, 2017 at 9:15 PM
Wow! That's a lot to have to take in at once! I believe that God will only give us what we can handle, hang in there momma! Congrats!
Sarah725
by Gold Member on Nov. 24, 2017 at 7:42 PM

I had a dream I was having triplets, I think it was because of your post.

DixonBabies
by Silver Member on Nov. 24, 2017 at 11:31 PM
I hope it works out how you want.
mommyof7921
by Bronze Member on Nov. 25, 2017 at 1:45 AM

Do you have a update?

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)