Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Isn't it way too early for this?!

Posted by on Nov. 21, 2017 at 9:53 AM
  • 16 Replies

I'm pregnant! Yay! But very confused. I woke up this morning and felt horrible, almost like I was hung over, and I threw up as soon as I got out of bed, so I called out of work. We've been trying for a few months to get pregnant, so I have a ton of pregnancy tests in the hopes of being able to use them soon, and decided to take one just to  prove that this wasn't what was going on. But holy crap, it was positive! I still can't quite believe it. I didn't believe it, which is why I took every test I had (8 in total) and they were all positive. Now, what is confusing me is that my last period was on October 28th. I'm only about 3 weeks and 3 days pregnant, and I got immediate, very dark positive lines and fast positives on digital tests as well. Plus, the symptoms! Nausea, headache, cramping, vomiting, isn't it way too early for all this?! And yes, this is my first pregnancy!

by on Nov. 21, 2017 at 9:53 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
caydensmommy8
by Member on Nov. 21, 2017 at 10:07 AM
1 mom liked this
Not necessarily. The hormones affect everyone differently. Congratulations!
C.H.E.L.S.E.A
by Silver Member on Nov. 21, 2017 at 10:28 AM
1 mom liked this
You could have ovulated early or have fast rising hcg. My hcg always rises really fast for whatever reason.
mommyof7921
by Bronze Member on Nov. 21, 2017 at 11:27 AM

I never had morning sickness so bad that I couldn't function.

but the goodnews is that your pregnancy is a strong one.  That's what the doctors always said to me the more morning sickness the better it means baby is doing well and pregnancy is progressing.

B3autifulCha0s
by Bronze Member on Nov. 21, 2017 at 1:51 PM
It effects each woman differently. I got my first symptom with this pregnancy (my 7th pregnancy, will be my 4th child) at 3-1/2wks and my first positive test at 4-1/2wks. With all my other pregnancies, I’ve never gotten symptoms before 6wks and never got a positive test before 7wks.
Jeelsu1190
by New Member on Nov. 21, 2017 at 3:37 PM

Congrats! We are probably due around the same time!

This is my first pregnancy too and I took the test because of nausea. I took a digital and had very fast results, so I don't think it's out of the ordinary. As miserable as it is, nausea is a good sign for pregnancy. Hang in there. 

yeehawhoney123
by Member on Nov. 21, 2017 at 4:01 PM
I had nausea 24/7 from weeks 4-15. It happens to some.
browncoat
by on Nov. 22, 2017 at 2:20 AM
It seems likely that your last period wasn’t really a period or you ovulated very early after. I hope you get the nausea under control!! It can be miserable.
BooBooBoom
by on Nov. 22, 2017 at 6:26 AM

Quoting browncoat: It seems likely that your last period wasn’t really a period or you ovulated very early after. I hope you get the nausea under control!! It can be miserable.

It is miserable! I wasn't able to eat or drink much of anything yesterday, and I didn't sleep well either, every time I even moved in the bed I would dry heave. 

BooBooBoom
by on Nov. 22, 2017 at 6:28 AM

Quoting yeehawhoney123: I had nausea 24/7 from weeks 4-15. It happens to some.

Oh god I hope it doesn't last that long for me, because this is absolutely awful!

daydreamer86
by Silver Member on Nov. 22, 2017 at 7:13 AM
It's actually not too early. My 1st and 3rd baby, I found out at 3 weeks 4 days and 3 weeks even ( no joke ), my Dr caught my ovulation on blood work and ultrasound backed it up. It's a bit crazy! With my 1st I was so sick with him until I had him. With my other kids plus this pregnancy, taking Benadryl at night curbs so much morning sickness for the next day. If I don't take it, I'll be sick all the next day. Good luck and hopefully it gets better for you.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)