Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Gosh, it just hit me.

Posted by on Nov. 21, 2017 at 3:30 PM
  • 6 Replies
1 mom liked this

My sister bullied me into taking a pregnancy test today... it was positive. 

My husband and I weren't planning on even considering getting pregnant until our first wedding anniversary (September 2018!) That did not happen. I know he isn't going to be upset, he really loves kids and I know he's going to be a great father, but it's a total surprise. 

I'm excited to be pregnant, but also very very nervous. I'm worried I'll do something wrong that will endanger the baby or something. I'm very clumsy and really don't want to hurt him/her.The shock hasn't worn off yet but the thought that there is a child growing inside me makes me nervous. 

How long did it take for you to get over the shock? and how do I tell my husband? I didn't send him a pic of the test (even though I was tempted to) because I thought it was slightly impersonal since we weren't planning this. Obviously I'll let him unwind from work a little, but then do I spring it on him or work up to telling him? thanks! 

by on Nov. 21, 2017 at 3:30 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
KylersMom8-16-7
by Gold Member on Nov. 21, 2017 at 4:17 PM
I think it gets easier once you see the baby on ultrasound, that makes it more real.

I would just sit him down and tell him.

Congratulations!

Quoting Jeelsu1190:

My sister bullied me into taking a pregnancy test today... it was positive. 

My husband and I weren't planning on even considering getting pregnant until our first wedding anniversary (September 2018!) That did not happen. I know he isn't going to be upset, he really loves kids and I know he's going to be a great father, but it's a total surprise. 

I'm excited to be pregnant, but also very very nervous. I'm worried I'll do something wrong that will endanger the baby or something. I'm very clumsy and really don't want to hurt him/her.The shock hasn't worn off yet but the thought that there is a child growing inside me makes me nervous. 

How long did it take for you to get over the shock? and how do I tell my husband? I didn't send him a pic of the test (even though I was tempted to) because I thought it was slightly impersonal since we weren't planning this. Obviously I'll let him unwind from work a little, but then do I spring it on him or work up to telling him? thanks! 

mrsniebo
by Bronze Member on Nov. 21, 2017 at 5:05 PM
Congratulations! We went through something similar. DH and I had only been married 4 months when we started talking about ttc the following year. Our oldest was born 4 weeks after our first anniversary. By the time I got a positive test, I'd been having symptoms for over a week, so DH wasn't surprised.

The shock wears off after awhile. It kind of becomes more real as the pregnancy progresses.
coolgal141
by on Dec. 6, 2017 at 5:37 PM

Congratulations on your pregnancy! It might be shocking to your husband since this was not planned, but it will prepare him on what to expect as a father. Meanwhile, I would suggest that you pray for a healthy pregnancy and offer up your struggles to God. Stay positive and enjoy this blessing! 

lyzzefrago
by Member on Dec. 6, 2017 at 6:09 PM

i told my boyfriend I was pregnant via text/phone call. You don't have to tell him in person for that exact reason, cuz you weren't trying, so he won't be expecting anything. I mean of course if you want to do something big do it :). I'm extremely clumsy I hit my arms or legs daily I hit my own stomach trying to get out of the car the other day, the baby won't be harmed in any way unless you fall full force onto your stomach. I went on a roller coaster at almost 8 weeks pregnant and both babies were still strong and thriving at their next appt. The shock should wear off once you see it whenever that is, I feel like before then it's hard to comprehend what's really going on but congrats, I know it's earlier than you expected but this is definitely good news. It's hard to keep yourself from being paranoid and worried but you will be okay :).

luna321
by Bronze Member on Dec. 7, 2017 at 1:54 AM
Don’t worry about being clumsy, baby is well protected in there. Just try to be as healthy as possible and don’t take unnecessary risks. However you tell hubby will be fine but it might take him awhile to be less shocked too and feel excited/ happy. I’m sure you had other plans for the year that have to be let go/ altered. Congratulations:)
missbritt22
by Brittany on Dec. 7, 2017 at 11:40 AM
I've always just surprised my hubby with handing him the test while he isn't paying attention, lol! Congrats!
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)