Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

No heartbeat yet, but **12/14 update**

Posted by on Dec. 5, 2017 at 6:30 PM
  • 22 Replies
1 mom liked this
We saw TWO gestational sacs on my ultrasound today! I'm 5w3d today and we finally saw something! I go back next week for another ultrasound and hopefully then we'll finally see at least one little heartbeat, and then I should finally be able to see a private ob, right now I'm still following up through the hospital because they won't refer me out until they've completely ruled out an ectopic. Seeing those two little spots today made this all a lot more real.

**12/14 update**

First, YES!! TWO heartbeats! Both were in the 120's which is apparently right on track for 6w5d. I'm officially having twins. The doctor cleared me as having no ectopic, which is also a huge relief. On the HG side of things, he admitted me back into the hospital because of the weight loss, ketones in my urine, and significantly elevated heart rate at the end of my appointment. I started to get a little short of breath, and they found that my heart rate was in the 180s, so I have a cardiology consult as well. I'm getting IV nutrition right now, as well as a continuous zofran drip and higher doses of phenergan and reglan, and they've added compazine and are considering giving me a dose of steroids, but they're hesitant to do so in the first trimester.
by on Dec. 5, 2017 at 6:30 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
lyzzefrago
by Member on Dec. 5, 2017 at 6:41 PM
1 mom liked this

OMG!!!!! YAY!!!! That's exactly how mine started :) had an appt at 5w1d and we saw 1 for sure sac, one probable sac, and 1 week later when I came back there were babies and equal sized sacs! That's so amazing! 

lyzzefrago
by Member on Dec. 5, 2017 at 6:42 PM
1 mom liked this

They may not see the heartbeat next week though depending on where the babies are, it took her like 10 mins to find the heartbeats when I was 6 weeks because they were behind their placentas, especially baby a.

missbritt22
by Brittany on Dec. 5, 2017 at 8:00 PM
1 mom liked this
Congrats! That's amazing news!!!
Stetsons-mommy
by Bronze Member on Dec. 5, 2017 at 9:35 PM
1 mom liked this
I'm so happy for you!!! Keep us updated!
Sarah725
by Gold Member on Dec. 5, 2017 at 9:41 PM

How wonderful, congratulations!!  Can't wait until you get to see that heartbeat...or two!

mommyof7921
by Bronze Member on Dec. 6, 2017 at 12:48 AM
1 mom liked this

Very happy for you. Keep us posted.

B3autifulCha0s
by Bronze Member on Dec. 6, 2017 at 12:55 AM
1 mom liked this
Woohoo!!!
BooBooBoom
by on Dec. 6, 2017 at 11:36 AM

Quoting Sarah725:

How wonderful, congratulations!!  Can't wait until you get to see that heartbeat...or two!

Thanks! Me neither!!! Even if it's just one, I will be thrilled. I just want to have a healthy baby.

sciencelady
by Bronze Member on Dec. 6, 2017 at 11:42 AM
1 mom liked this

Congrats!

Don't be freaked out if you don't see a heartbeat though. I had an ultrasound at 5w6d and saw a fetal pole. My RE did not want me coming back until I was at least 7 weeks because she didn't want me coming back too early and there not being a heart beat yet. We saw the heartbeat at 7w1d.

luna321
by Bronze Member on Dec. 6, 2017 at 4:50 PM
1 mom liked this
Yeah! Congratulations :)
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)