Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Lack of sleep or something else?

Posted by on Dec. 9, 2017 at 2:30 AM
  • 9 Replies
Today has been a long day. I went in to work for 2:45 and worked until 1am to make up hours I missed for going to the Ear Monday due to high BP. As of around 9ish I started feeling gross and weird. Like anxiety or high BP again but no palpitations like before. Just feeling weak, lightheaded and dizzy. I'm probably over thinking everything because I'm so tired and have to be up again for 11am to work but I feel icky. I'm 23 weeks and overweight so I was told to keep an eye out for high BP or signs of. I don't have a bp cuff at home nor do I know how to check it without the cuff. I'm just concerned is all.
by on Dec. 9, 2017 at 2:30 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
BooBooBoom
by on Dec. 9, 2017 at 7:10 AM
1 mom liked this

I would invest in a blood pressure cuff for home, or go to walmart or another store that has a pharmacy, as most have a free standing cuff nearby that you can use. In a pinch, you can go to your local fire department, and they can check your blood pressure. Make sure you're drinking lots of water and eating high protein meals. Everything you're describing is how I feel almost constantly, due to dehydration and low blood sugar, and low blood pressure.

DixonBabies
by Silver Member on Dec. 9, 2017 at 9:56 AM
What did the doctor do when you went in? Did they run blood tests and urine tests to rule out pre-eclampsia? Was the cause of your high blood pressure founded? What does your ob say and what's their plan?

It could be lack of sleep, high bp, sugar issues. Anything. Will need to discuss this with your doc but in mean time drink loads of water and rest/take it easy.

I know you can't afford not to work, but it seems like your body isn't dealing with pregnancy well at all.
Azure
by Group Admin on Dec. 9, 2017 at 12:12 PM
1 mom liked this

What BooBooBoom said. Get a cuff or go somewhere you can get a free reading.

BMead1695
by Member on Dec. 9, 2017 at 6:52 PM
I went and bought a cuff. Hoping its accurate. So far so good. Was hoping not to have to buy one but Wal-Mart didn't have one. Apparently they removed it which to me isn't smart.

Quoting DixonBabies: What did the doctor do when you went in? Did they run blood tests and urine tests to rule out pre-eclampsia? Was the cause of your high blood pressure founded? What does your ob say and what's their plan?

It could be lack of sleep, high bp, sugar issues. Anything. Will need to discuss this with your doc but in mean time drink loads of water and rest/take it easy.

I know you can't afford not to work, but it seems like your body isn't dealing with pregnancy well at all.
DixonBabies
by Silver Member on Dec. 10, 2017 at 4:06 AM
That sucks since I know pharmacies are way more expensive. I'm glad things are good with bp. How are you feeling now?

Quoting BMead1695: I went and bought a cuff. Hoping its accurate. So far so good. Was hoping not to have to buy one but Wal-Mart didn't have one. Apparently they removed it which to me isn't smart.

Quoting DixonBabies: What did the doctor do when you went in? Did they run blood tests and urine tests to rule out pre-eclampsia? Was the cause of your high blood pressure founded? What does your ob say and what's their plan?

DixonBabies
by Silver Member on Dec. 10, 2017 at 4:06 AM
That sucks since I know pharmacies are way more expensive. I'm glad things are good with bp. How are you feeling now?

Quoting BMead1695: I went and bought a cuff. Hoping its accurate. So far so good. Was hoping not to have to buy one but Wal-Mart didn't have one. Apparently they removed it which to me isn't smart.

DixonBabies
by Silver Member on Dec. 12, 2017 at 11:13 AM
How are you feeling
BMead1695
by Member on Dec. 12, 2017 at 11:37 AM

A little better. I feel like the lack of sleep is getting to me which may be partly why i feel the way i do. thank you for checking in. 

Quoting DixonBabies: How are you feeling

DixonBabies
by Silver Member on Dec. 12, 2017 at 12:36 PM
Thats not good. Need to try to rest girl.

Quoting BMead1695:

A little better. I feel like the lack of sleep is getting to me which may be partly why i feel the way i do. thank you for checking in. 

Quoting DixonBabies: How are you feeling

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)