Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Delivery room

Posted by on Dec. 9, 2017 at 8:04 AM
  • 15 Replies
I am 35 weeks pregnant my to girls 8&10 want to be in the Delivery Room when I have the baby they have been to some of my appointments
by on Dec. 9, 2017 at 8:04 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
browncoat
by on Dec. 9, 2017 at 8:42 AM
1 mom liked this
Have you checked with your hospital?

DS was 11 when I had my second. He stayed with me until I went into transition, then waited in the waiting room until his brother was born (his choice). But when I had my oldest, my little sister was 6 and they wouldn’t allow her to be in the room at all.
sciencelady
by Bronze Member on Dec. 9, 2017 at 9:05 AM
Will your hospital allow it? I know mine strictly enforces that you can only have 2 people with you. Not sure their policy on children. Also, do your kids want to be there?
BooBooBoom
by on Dec. 9, 2017 at 9:08 AM

I would check with your hospital and doctor first, make sure it's ok with them, and then decide. I personally don't want anyone but my husband and only essential medical staff in the room. 

Melreed2017
by New Member on Dec. 9, 2017 at 9:22 AM
Have you talked to the hospital to see if that’s possible?
DixonBabies
by Silver Member on Dec. 9, 2017 at 10:06 AM
1 mom liked this
If it's ok with hospital and doc, be sure to have someone there who can sit with them if they change their minds at any point.
kajira
by Emma on Dec. 9, 2017 at 11:03 AM

I don't see a problem with it. My newly turned 7 year old plans on being there. My teenager has requested not to be there, and the toddlers will be optional based on how they handle it. LOL

Azure
by Group Admin on Dec. 9, 2017 at 12:11 PM

Shouldn't be a problem. All of my kids were at my last delivery.

lyzzefrago
by Member on Dec. 9, 2017 at 2:13 PM

yeah I would say check with your hospital. Mine will allow as many people as I want in the room except if there's a c-section obviously, which I am planning to have so for me 1 person only allowed but while I'm in the hospital anyone is allowed. But there is an age restriction, this is my first birth so I'm not sure for my hospital since I haven't asked but when I was working at Sutter I know it was siblings are always allowed but if you aren't a sibling of the baby you have to be over 2. But then when I was born my sister wasn't allowed in and she was 2.5.

B3autifulCha0s
by Bronze Member on Dec. 9, 2017 at 2:25 PM
Check with your hospital.

The hospitals where I am have an age restriction. Not sure what it is and I believe in their delivery rooms they only allow 2 additional people. I’m having a c-section and only get 1 person in with me whom will be my husband. My kids will come to the hospital via Grandparents once I’m out of recovery and settled into a maternity room.
browncoat
by on Dec. 9, 2017 at 3:09 PM
1 mom liked this

That's another good point. Make sure your DH isn't the adult responsible for your children. If he is and something goes poorly and the kids can't stay in the room (or if you need a c-section), then he will probably have to go wait with the kids and not stay with you.

Quoting B3autifulCha0s: Check with your hospital. The hospitals where I am have an age restriction. Not sure what it is and I believe in their delivery rooms they only allow 2 additional people. I’m having a c-section and only get 1 person in with me whom will be my husband. My kids will come to the hospital via Grandparents once I’m out of recovery and settled into a maternity room.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)