Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

C section birth plan?

Posted by on Dec. 10, 2017 at 9:15 AM
  • 15 Replies
I will be having a repeat c section here in a few weeks. Does anyone have any tips for writing up a birth plan? I didn't have one for my son when I had him and I would really like to have an easier way to have my wishes known. Thanks ladies!
by on Dec. 10, 2017 at 9:15 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
BooBooBoom
by on Dec. 10, 2017 at 9:26 AM

One of my good friends had a "gentle" c-section. I know she did a lot of research into it before writing her birth plan, so I just googled, and found several websites. This one looked like one of the best:

https://www.motherlove.com/blog/view/Writing-a-family-centered-cesarean-birth-plan

Stetsons-mommy
by Bronze Member on Dec. 10, 2017 at 9:35 AM
Yeah I'm hoping for "gentle" c section this time around. I didn't know about them when I had my son. Thank you for the link!

Quoting BooBooBoom:

One of my good friends had a "gentle" c-section. I know she did a lot of research into it before writing her birth plan, so I just googled, and found several websites. This one looked like one of the best:

https://www.motherlove.com/blog/view/Writing-a-family-centered-cesarean-birth-plan

BooBooBoom
by on Dec. 10, 2017 at 9:47 AM

You're welcome, and good luck :)

Quoting Stetsons-mommy: Yeah I'm hoping for "gentle" c section this time around. I didn't know about them when I had my son. Thank you for the link!
Quoting BooBooBoom:

B3autifulCha0s
by Bronze Member on Dec. 10, 2017 at 10:57 PM
I never wrote one for my births. My dr was very good at communicating with me and she respected my wishes. They same thing goes with this scheduled c-section.
Stetsons-mommy
by Bronze Member on Dec. 11, 2017 at 12:36 AM
My Dr is great about it. I just always worry about the hospital.

Quoting B3autifulCha0s: I never wrote one for my births. My dr was very good at communicating with me and she respected my wishes. They same thing goes with this scheduled c-section.
lyzzefrago
by Bronze Member on Dec. 11, 2017 at 12:43 AM

I am absolutely writing a birth plan because I don't trust that my doctor will necessarily be the one who delivers them, I hope she is but I know that if I go into labor unexpected before my planned c-section then it may not be her on call. And I trust her but NOBODY else lol. And as I said I'm also having a cescarian. They have papers at Kaiser that you can fill out for a birth plan so I'm going to do that first of course but I'm also going to add EXTREME detail and find a better birth plan online that I can fill out and give to the office ahead of time to put in my chart. I'm a total control freak and am in the medical field so I'm not going to take crap about anything from anyone and worry because of my age and that I look young I won't be taken seriously. Does your office have any forms you can fill out as well for the general birth plan?

Stetsons-mommy
by Bronze Member on Dec. 11, 2017 at 7:43 AM
I don't believe they do unfortunately. I wished I would have been more informed with my son. My pregnancy with him was very stressful so I just felt fortunate to make it as far as I did with him. He was supposed to be my only one, so I never figured I would get an opportunity to have a second shot.

Quoting lyzzefrago:

I am absolutely writing a birth plan because I don't trust that my doctor will necessarily be the one who delivers them, I hope she is but I know that if I go into labor unexpected before my planned c-section then it may not be her on call. And I trust her but NOBODY else lol. And as I said I'm also having a cescarian. They have papers at Kaiser that you can fill out for a birth plan so I'm going to do that first of course but I'm also going to add EXTREME detail and find a better birth plan online that I can fill out and give to the office ahead of time to put in my chart. I'm a total control freak and am in the medical field so I'm not going to take crap about anything from anyone and worry because of my age and that I look young I won't be taken seriously. Does your office have any forms you can fill out as well for the general birth plan?

Sassym0m24
by Silver Member on Dec. 11, 2017 at 8:50 AM
Theres an antianxiety med they can give you in your IV beforehand, it can make you very mellow (think calm and not worried, not "high") before hand in, right in pre OP if you can't have a gentle one.

If you have a shellfish allergy make sure they know not to use the standard iodine like wash,.

If you are a heavy bleeder, they can push your blood out, to prevent hemorrhage/large blood loss, it helps PP healing but is done right out of surgery.

If you are sensitive to anesthetic,(come out later then 2hrs post OP last time) they can exact dose your anesthetic to come out sooner but not too soon per the dose.

If you have low blood pressure, or heart conditions let them know.
Stetsons-mommy
by Bronze Member on Dec. 11, 2017 at 9:19 AM
Lol the antianxity meds would have been nice the first time. Now that I know what to expect it is a little easier this time around. Thank you for all the tips! My Dr knows what my requests are. I just will feel better having them on paper just in case for some reason it doesn't end up being her that does my
c-section. Plus sometimes the hospital we go to can be odd.

Quoting Sassym0m24: Theres an antianxiety med they can give you in your IV beforehand, it can make you very mellow (think calm and not worried, not "high") before hand in, right in pre OP if you can't have a gentle one.

If you have a shellfish allergy make sure they know not to use the standard iodine like wash,.

If you are a heavy bleeder, they can push your blood out, to prevent hemorrhage/large blood loss, it helps PP healing but is done right out of surgery.

If you are sensitive to anesthetic,(come out later then 2hrs post OP last time) they can exact dose your anesthetic to come out sooner but not too soon per the dose.

If you have low blood pressure, or heart conditions let them know.
B3autifulCha0s
by Bronze Member on Dec. 11, 2017 at 9:52 AM
Yeah that’s understandable. We have really good hospitals here. When I tried for my natural vbac, the only thing that made me mad was the nurse tried doing the heplock during a nasty contraction (back labor) and that they wouldn’t let me get back in the jacuzzi tub but it was because I was over heating. They even followed my wishes of no male nurses or drs which I really appreciated.

This time I’m having. A scheduled c-sec st a different hospital than my last 3 were born at. It’s a very reputable but I’m a little weary about their regulated procedures and stuff.

Quoting Stetsons-mommy: My Dr is great about it. I just always worry about the hospital.

Quoting B3autifulCha0s: I never wrote one for my births. My dr was very good at communicating with me and she respected my wishes. They same thing goes with this scheduled c-section.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)