Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

NICU moms

Posted by on Dec. 10, 2017 at 5:28 PM
  • 4 Replies
Any advise for being a NICU mom.
by on Dec. 10, 2017 at 5:28 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-4):
caydensmommy8
by Member on Dec. 10, 2017 at 6:26 PM
1 mom liked this
Be patient. I know it's hard, but let the doctors and nurses do what they need to do. Being a NICU mom isnt easy but just know, it's what's best for your baby right now..
Reagan-Baxley
by New Member on Dec. 10, 2017 at 7:42 PM
I am so glad some one posted this my twins will be put in the NICU after they are born we almost lost one and they will have to be delivered earlier than expected . This is a scary time for our family and I just needed to talk with some one who has been there befor .

Quoting caydensmommy8: Be patient. I know it's hard, but let the doctors and nurses do what they need to do. Being a NICU mom isnt easy but just know, it's what's best for your baby right now..
remsmother
by on Dec. 10, 2017 at 7:51 PM
1 mom liked this
Call them by their name. Visit every day. And get to know the nurses because they will be the one caring for your little one until they come home. My son was in the NICU for 5 months and the nurses treated him like gold because I made of point of talking to the nurses and getting to know them. Knowing the nurses were with him while I couldn't made it easier for me to leave him behind. They also would send me pictures during the day. That helped too.
caydensmommy8
by Member on Dec. 10, 2017 at 8:18 PM
I had my daughter on Monday because on an ultrasound from the Thursday before, they found what they called a pericardial effusion. They immediately sent me to L and D to prepare for my induction. And then to off course induce labor. She was born at 35 weeks. She did fine and was there for 5 days. The nurses were great. So understanding and very supportive. Don't be afraid to ask them questions.

Quoting Reagan-Baxley: I am so glad some one posted this my twins will be put in the NICU after they are born we almost lost one and they will have to be delivered earlier than expected . This is a scary time for our family and I just needed to talk with some one who has been there befor .

Quoting caydensmommy8: Be patient. I know it's hard, but let the doctors and nurses do what they need to do. Being a NICU mom isnt easy but just know, it's what's best for your baby right now..
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)