Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

First dr visit question help!!!

Posted by on Dec. 12, 2017 at 3:08 PM
  • 7 Replies
So if you’ve been following my questions about 3 weeks ago I found I was pregnant. I made my dr visit for December 22nd bc I don’t knkw how far along I am. I am still breastfeeding my first born 11 month old and since her birth in January my periods come every 4 months. So my last period was back in September... so my question is when I made my dr appt they said my dr has to give the OK for a ultrasound.. so how can they even give me any information if they don’t know my due date or how far I am? All they can say is hey your pregnant. Well I know that but I want to see my baby and know more information which is how far I am
by on Dec. 12, 2017 at 3:08 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
maybebaby2018
by Member on Dec. 12, 2017 at 3:21 PM

My midwife said that they always do a dating scan at the first appointment just to confirm how far along you are (unless you have an objection) So i would think they would for sure do one!

K3412
by Member on Dec. 12, 2017 at 3:23 PM
They’ll be able to figure it out. They really don’t go off the women’s self reported information. You’ll be fine, don’t worry!
BrandiKlahr
by Member on Dec. 12, 2017 at 3:25 PM
With my first baby they did the ultrasound before I even saw the dr. And I’m going back to the same OBGYN but they are making it seem so complicated all of a sudden saying, “you’ll get an ultrasound if your dr says so” 🤷🏻‍♀️

Quoting maybebaby2018:

My midwife said that they always do a dating scan at the first appointment just to confirm how far along you are (unless you have an objection) So i would think they would for sure do one!

djsmommy13
by Bronze Member on Dec. 12, 2017 at 3:26 PM
They should do an ultrasound to find out your due date . My periods are weird too. My last one was August 28th but I knew I wasn't that far along. I went in for horrible morning sickness and they did a quick ultrasound. I'm 9 weeks and 1 day
missbritt22
by Brittany on Dec. 12, 2017 at 6:09 PM
1 mom liked this
When you get there and they ask for you lmp on the signin paper, just put a question mark, I can almost guarantee they will do an u/s 😉 If they don't know how far along you are they will need to do a dating u/s to find out, lol!
yeehawhoney123
by Member on Dec. 13, 2017 at 9:10 AM
With both of my pregnancies, they asked for my LMP, but ultimately based the due date on the ultrasound. With my first I did not know my LMP, and they told me my due date based on the ultrasound, with give or take a few days. With my current pregnancy I knew my LMP exactly and the ultrasound at 8 weeks was right on point (but can be give or take some days, which is common based on the baby's development so far).
As far as I know, doctor's want an ultrasound before a patient sees then to confirm the pregnancy and stability of the baby (or else it may not be necessary to see the doctor at all).
BooBooBoom
by on Dec. 14, 2017 at 9:26 AM
Theyll probably do a dating scan
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)