Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Gestational Diabetes

Posted by on Dec. 15, 2017 at 10:35 PM
  • 4 Replies
Hey guys! Anyone have any experience with gestational diabetes? I had it with my son who’s now 2. I’m scared I’m going to get it again. I’ve been feeling dizzy and lightheaded (how I felt when I had diabetes). I’m only 5 weeks. Can you get it this early on? I checked my sugar after eating quite a bit of food (quite a bit of carbs) and it was 136. I know that’s below the mark of what it should be under, but nervous it should still be lower.

Did you have gestational diabetes with more than one pregnancy? Not only am I terrified of getting it again, but terrified I will also develop type 2. I’ve never had any problems before my first pregnancy. Any advice is appreciated.
by on Dec. 15, 2017 at 10:35 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-4):
pusheen-kitty
by Member on Dec. 17, 2017 at 2:18 AM
How did they treat it and diagnose it?
MommyL33
by Member on Dec. 17, 2017 at 11:56 AM
1 mom liked this
Diagnosed through the sugar test. Failed it. And they were terrible. Didn’t help me at all. Would never send my pharmacy a prescription for the glucose reader like they told me they would. I hated them. (I switched later on) I just changed my diet to low carb and it was under control.
Azure
by Group Admin on Dec. 18, 2017 at 11:04 AM

I would definitely look into modifying your diet first. Good luck!

butterflycircle
by Silver Member on Dec. 18, 2017 at 11:21 AM

I was diagnosed at 7 weeks with this pregnancy. I've never had it before and this is my 5th baby.  I check my sugar 2 hours after I eat and it should be under 120. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)