Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

SCH and Odor???

Posted by on Jan. 15, 2018 at 11:55 AM
  • 5 Replies
So at 7 weeks I ended up in the ER with a SCH. I'm now 10 weeks and 2 days. I have had 3 "bleeds" with very light to no spotting in between. From what I read and have been told light spotting of dark/brown blood is a good thing becuase its old blood. Not new. Which is a good sign its healing up. Well for the last week all I've had is this light spotting of brown gunk. Some days nothing at all. So I'm over all happy and hopeful that its healing up! However my vagina smells like a dead animal. No joke! Its awful. I'm embarrassed to be close to my DH thinking he can smell me. I shower. I change panty liners often. I keep myself clean. I have researched SCH and Odor but nothing is coming up other then infection which also has other symptoms like burning, itching, pain when peeing. I have none of these. At all. I just stink! Could it just be the smell of the old blood? Or could I really have an infection with no other symptoms.
by on Jan. 15, 2018 at 11:55 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
missbritt22
by Brittany on Jan. 15, 2018 at 2:51 PM
1 mom liked this
It could be from the old blood but I would have it checked out anyways. If it is an infection, you don't want it lingering around untreated.
B3autifulCha0s
by Bronze Member on Jan. 15, 2018 at 3:46 PM
1 mom liked this
I’ve had 2 pregnancies with SCHs but odor was not caused by that. It was caused by Bacterial Vaginosis.
Whenever I get BV, I only have an odor and no other symptoms. It might be worth putting in a call to your dr or being seen just to make sure. If you do have BV, they can’t treat it until 12wks, at least that’s what I was told.
Momsoftwo93
by Member on Jan. 15, 2018 at 3:52 PM
My drs office is closed today. But ill be making a call first thing in the morning! I just want this smell gone. Its horrible 😣

Quoting B3autifulCha0s: I’ve had 2 pregnancies with SCHs but odor was not caused by that. It was caused by Bacterial Vaginosis.
Whenever I get BV, I only have an odor and no other symptoms. It might be worth putting in a call to your dr or being seen just to make sure. If you do have BV, they can’t treat it until 12wks, at least that’s what I was told.
B3autifulCha0s
by Bronze Member on Jan. 15, 2018 at 3:55 PM
I get it. To me, BV is harder to get rid of than a yeast infection but a YI’s symptoms suck.

Quoting Momsoftwo93: My drs office is closed today. But ill be making a call first thing in the morning! I just want this smell gone. Its horrible 😣

Quoting B3autifulCha0s: I’ve had 2 pregnancies with SCHs but odor was not caused by that. It was caused by Bacterial Vaginosis.
Momsoftwo93
by Member on Jan. 15, 2018 at 6:08 PM
Well at least I'm not having any other symptoms. Ive had imfections that make me burn or itchy. And it is so uncomfortable tryimg not to itch yourself in front of people 😣 always in the bathroom ugh lol. But even though I'm not dealing with that stuff, I'm still over this odor.

Quoting B3autifulCha0s: I get it. To me, BV is harder to get rid of than a yeast infection but a YI’s symptoms suck.

Quoting Momsoftwo93: My drs office is closed today. But ill be making a call first thing in the morning! I just want this smell gone. Its horrible 😣

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)