Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Child birth photography

Posted by on Jan. 16, 2018 at 8:21 AM
  • 17 Replies
Has anyone ever had professional pictures done during and after labor ? I won this session in a raffle and I'm super excited about this. Are there any cons?
by on Jan. 16, 2018 at 8:21 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
mommyof7921
by Bronze Member on Jan. 16, 2018 at 10:13 AM
1 mom liked this

Yes, I did it was great fun. It was right at the hospital.  I will see if I could dig them up and post them. 

missbritt22
by Brittany on Jan. 16, 2018 at 2:55 PM
I'm a professional photographer and have photographed a birth before, it was amazing and my client loved the images! I did them all in black and white and ended up getting some very sweet and intimate moments :)

My husband did the photography for our birth and he got some really great shots for being his first time ever using my big ol camera, lol! I'll post a few if I can find them :)
K3412
by Member on Jan. 16, 2018 at 2:58 PM
The only draw backs (other than cost, which you got around) is some people are not comfortable being photographed or having a stranger in the room during that intimate experience, the photographer could be obnoxious or a distraction during labor and delivery, and its also possible you won’t like the photos.
lovemylife_15
by Bronze Member on Jan. 16, 2018 at 3:58 PM
Awe that's awesome. I had some pictures taken by a relative of my oldest when she was born and I love them. My sons father didn't take any when he was born and it was hard for me to so I figured this will cover that.

Quoting missbritt22: I'm a professional photographer and have photographed a birth before, it was amazing and my client loved the images! I did them all in black and white and ended up getting some very sweet and intimate moments :)

My husband did the photography for our birth and he got some really great shots for being his first time ever using my big ol camera, lol! I'll post a few if I can find them :)
ELKmountain.mom
by on Jan. 16, 2018 at 3:59 PM

Mobile Photo

Mobile Photo

Mobile Photo

Adored having a photographer. No cons for me- a few from our last home birth
lovemylife_15
by Bronze Member on Jan. 16, 2018 at 4:02 PM
I thought about the stranger thing as well but in all reality most of the people in the delivery room are stranger's,well my last delivery was for me. My son was delivered by an OB I hadn't had a chance to meet yet and ,the nurses,and some people from the cord blood donation bank,so literally a room full of people I had never met lol. So hopefully I won't mind her being there

Quoting K3412: The only draw backs (other than cost, which you got around) is some people are not comfortable being photographed or having a stranger in the room during that intimate experience, the photographer could be obnoxious or a distraction during labor and delivery, and its also possible you won’t like the photos.
missbritt22
by Brittany on Jan. 16, 2018 at 4:40 PM
If the photographer is obnoxious or distracting, then they are not a professional in the field. Being a birth photographer is completely different than any other kind of photographer. You have to be there without being noticeable, if that makes sense. And they almost always get to know you before they photograph your birth :)

Quoting K3412: The only draw backs (other than cost, which you got around) is some people are not comfortable being photographed or having a stranger in the room during that intimate experience, the photographer could be obnoxious or a distraction during labor and delivery, and its also possible you won’t like the photos.
missbritt22
by Brittany on Jan. 16, 2018 at 4:42 PM
Hey! Weren't we in a due date group together?!?! I totally remember you!

Quoting ELKmountain.mom:

Mobile Photo

Mobile Photo

Mobile Photo

Adored having a photographer. No cons for me- a few from our last home birth
missbritt22
by Brittany on Jan. 16, 2018 at 5:23 PM
1 mom liked this

Mobile Photo

Mobile Photo

Mobile Photo

I'm mobile, so just a few screenshots from my photo stream on flickr :) These are from my sons birth. Excuse the crappy CafeMom upload quality🙈
scoopneck99
by Bronze Member on Jan. 16, 2018 at 6:45 PM

Omg I'm not pregnant and probably done but those pictures make me want another baby!!!! So cute. So op, I see no cons, these are the best moments of your life!!!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)