Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

It's amazing how quickly this makes a difference!

Posted by on Jan. 16, 2018 at 4:29 PM
  • 6 Replies
I worked the last 6 days, 12 hour shifts each time (I'm a critical care nurse) plus a daily 10 mile run. I've worked multiple days in a row before and been fine. Now that I'm pregnant? I'm still completely exhausted. The last three days were a struggle to get through, I had to force myself to work out, and today I didn't want to get out of bed. I did make myself go for a run and do some weights, but man is this already making a difference! But the fatigue is the only symptom I really have, so it could be worse.
by on Jan. 16, 2018 at 4:29 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
missbritt22
by Brittany on Jan. 16, 2018 at 5:26 PM
That's a lot for someone who isn't preggo! I would take it a little easier so you don't wear yourself down! Maybe stick to 5 mile runs instead?
missbritt22
by Brittany on Jan. 16, 2018 at 5:28 PM
I'm not pregnant and I can only go a mile on my elliptical before feeling like I'm going to die, lol! And I workout on it everyday! I literally can't imagine running 10 miles while pregnant, or even not pregnant, lol!
MuttiSigrid
by on Jan. 16, 2018 at 6:03 PM
1 mom liked this
I've been running for years, and doing distance running for years, so 10 miles really isn't that much. Once I get started, I'm fine to finish, it's just getting the energy up to go that I'm struggling with. And I crash hard after.

Quoting missbritt22: I'm not pregnant and I can only go a mile on my elliptical before feeling like I'm going to die, lol! And I workout on it everyday! I literally can't imagine running 10 miles while pregnant, or even not pregnant, lol!
modmommabear
by Bronze Member on Jan. 17, 2018 at 11:10 AM
It's your body but that seems too much. The first trimester is a lot of work already, clearly it's too much or you wouldn't be so exausted.

Maby increase calories or better decrease the runs. I have a feeling your just going to push through, just remember it's okay for life to change a little. GL
butterflycircle
by on Jan. 17, 2018 at 2:45 PM

With my boys fatigue was my main symptom and it started before I even knew I was pregnant. don't push too hard and take care of your self

MuttiSigrid
by on Jan. 17, 2018 at 6:17 PM
I'm fine now, but I will not be picking up that many extra days. Those had already been scheduled before I found out I was pregnant though, so I couldn't change it. I have increased my caloric intake by the recommended 300 daily.

Quoting modmommabear: It's your body but that seems too much. The first trimester is a lot of work already, clearly it's too much or you wouldn't be so exausted.

Maby increase calories or better decrease the runs. I have a feeling your just going to push through, just remember it's okay for life to change a little. GL
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)