Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Iron Supplement Question

Posted by on Jan. 18, 2018 at 7:54 PM
  • 7 Replies
Hey ladies I wanted to see what y'all recommend based on personal use that worked great for you! What OTC iron supplements are you taking to help your iron levels? My new OB found the only thing 'wrong' with me out of everything that could go wrong is my levels are very low. He put in an order to the pharmacy for an iron supplement because he said 'it wouldnt hurt to try' but so far nothing has been filled. He didn't recommend any specific brands just advised I take them NOW. So I thought I'd ask.

Thankfully. BP and pulse is under control since I have left my job. And I successfully passed my 1hr glucose test so no GD!!
by on Jan. 18, 2018 at 7:54 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
B3autifulCha0s
by Bronze Member on Jan. 18, 2018 at 7:57 PM
I’m anemic and am taking Nature’s Bounty Gentle Iron 28mgs once daily. It’s helping my levels and it doesn’t make me super constipated.
missymackie
by Member on Jan. 18, 2018 at 8:29 PM
I take the brand slow fe
S.M.ile
by Member on Jan. 18, 2018 at 8:32 PM
Organic plant-based iron. I buy it from amazon. Does not taste good, but I think that it works for me.
CemeteryGirl
by Member on Jan. 18, 2018 at 9:34 PM
1 mom liked this
I take this brand also, it bothers my stomach a bit (I have to take 3, 2 at night and 1 in the morning because my iron is so low) but it is the best brand I have encountered and the pills are small.

Quoting B3autifulCha0s: I’m anemic and am taking Nature’s Bounty Gentle Iron 28mgs once daily. It’s helping my levels and it doesn’t make me super constipated.
B3autifulCha0s
by Bronze Member on Jan. 19, 2018 at 6:11 PM
Ah, I’m sorry you have to take so much! I take 2 at night.

Quoting CemeteryGirl: I take this brand also, it bothers my stomach a bit (I have to take 3, 2 at night and 1 in the morning because my iron is so low) but it is the best brand I have encountered and the pills are small.

Quoting B3autifulCha0s: I’m anemic and am taking Nature’s Bounty Gentle Iron 28mgs once daily. It’s helping my levels and it doesn’t make me super constipated.
lyzzefrago
by Member on Jan. 19, 2018 at 8:26 PM
My iron was extremely low and I was feeling it but I just tried to eat more iron rich vegetarian foods (I’m very picky as well as vegetarian) and switched to a prenatal with iron rather than the gummies and I’ve felt a lot better and feel like my levels are back up I haven’t been tested a second time yet but I definitely feel better. All brands of iron made me vomit but I also had hyperemesis in my first trimester.
CemeteryGirl
by Member on Jan. 19, 2018 at 8:54 PM
I was just taking 2 but then after my glucose test the Dr. Called and told me to up the amount because it was still lower than they want.

Quoting B3autifulCha0s: Ah, I’m sorry you have to take so much! I take 2 at night.

Quoting CemeteryGirl: I take this brand also, it bothers my stomach a bit (I have to take 3, 2 at night and 1 in the morning because my iron is so low) but it is the best brand I have encountered and the pills are small.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)