Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Early ultra sound!

Posted by on Feb. 16, 2018 at 9:36 PM
  • 11 Replies

Mobile Photo

Early we did a paid early ultra sound. We thought I was farther along but now we're guessing 5wks,4 days. The lady saw two sacs but no fetal pole (abdominal ultrasound)
So she couldn't see the baby. She was worried a. It about why there were two sacs, not sure if it's another baby, or fluid. She said I could have a miscarriage and to go to the we if I start bleeding. ( back right darn spot is my bladder)
One sad is clear since she is zoomed in on that one, but there are two there.

I'm like really your not a dr, and your not even sure what's up inside of me. We could t see anything really. No gestational age or anything cuz the computer couldn't read it.
I have an transvaginal ultra sound with my obgyn in two weeks. So we will be excited to see if it's two babies or what's going on atleast.
Any input or advice? Anyone been threw this?
by on Feb. 16, 2018 at 9:36 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
C.H.E.L.S.E.A
by Silver Member on Feb. 16, 2018 at 10:20 PM
That's very early to see clearly without a transvaginal ultrasound. I had an ultrasound at 5w3d (both abdominal and transvaginal) and it was more difficult to see anything with the abdominal one. We did see the fetal pole and yolk sac but no heartbeat until another ultrasound 3 days later. Mine initially looked like twins but I had an SCH that was the same size as the gestational sac.
natlogancas
by New Member on Feb. 16, 2018 at 11:02 PM
What is an sch???
Momsoftwo93
by Member on Feb. 18, 2018 at 1:54 PM
SCH is something with the placenta I believe. I just went through it myself. Had a giant positive Dec 2nd. DH and I decided to wait until after Christmas and new years to make an apt since I was still so early. Dec 27th I gushed blood and 2 clots. Went to the ER where they seen baby. Who was just fine at about 7 weeks 3 days. But said the bleeding was from a SCH (subchronic hemorrhage) and to see my OB asap. 4 days later I seen my OB and he said SCH are pretty common. Depending on the size of SCH ill bleed on and off for a bit. But it should heal up fine on its own. I was put on pelvic rest. It lasted from 7 weeks to almost 14 weeks and stopped. OB said in rare cases you can be put on bedrest and bleed into the 3rd trimester. I really don't understand 100% what it is but my OB assured me that almost all SCH cases end in a healthy full term baby. Don't stress to much on it until your next apt. May be nothing at all! Good luck

Quoting natlogancas: What is an sch???
B3autifulCha0s
by Bronze Member on Feb. 20, 2018 at 2:26 PM
Subchorionic Hemorrhage (SCH) is bleeding behind the placenta, often caused by a clot. In most cases, this clot will dissolve away, resolving the problem and allowing the pregnancy to progress normally. It may take several weeks for this clot to dissolve.

Quoting natlogancas: What is an sch???
B3autifulCha0s
by Bronze Member on Feb. 20, 2018 at 2:30 PM
I don’t know why the tech was worried or said you might miscarry. She has no idea. If your 5wk, it’s too early to know anything. Even if you did start bleeding at 5wks, there is nothing to be done. They could at least check for a SCH but they can’t make it go away or stop a MC (miscarriage) from happening. I’ve had 3 MCs. With this pregnancy, I had an u/s at 5-1/2wks that only showed a sac, no fetal pole. At 6-1/2wks, there was a fetal pole and a heartbeat. A few days can make all the difference this early on. If you’re worried, have a dr do a blood test to check your HCG levels.
lyzzefrago
by Bronze Member on Feb. 21, 2018 at 1:08 AM

I had an ultrasound at 5 weeks 1 day and we saw basically the exact same thing as you did but I had mine vaginal. I went back in a week at 6 weeks 1 day and saw 2 sacs 2 babies 2 heartbeats and now am 24 weeks along with my twin girls. That's really disappointing that she 1. did an abdominal ultrasound at 5 weeks and 2. was so negative. My doctor (NP) was super positive about it even though we could see literally nothing in my ultrasound and was like it's probably just too early, and she was right. She even measured the sacs to see how big they were. I really hope that's the case for you as well and that you don't start bleeding and she was just being a negative Nancy, even if it is only 1 baby and the other is fluid.

natlogancas
by New Member on Feb. 21, 2018 at 1:26 AM
I have 9 days til my ultra sound at my dr office. I haven't had any bleeding or issues just tired. So far it's been going good. I'm hoping to see and heArt baby or babies!!!
Can't stop counting the days
lyzzefrago
by Bronze Member on Feb. 24, 2018 at 3:29 PM

I know it's super stressful but don't think too much of it you are still SO early AND they did an abdominal ultrasound. I hope you see babies too!! Or at least 1 baby! The start is always so stressful I wish they could grow faster so we didn't feel so stressed out in the start lol.

Quoting natlogancas: I have 9 days til my ultra sound at my dr office. I haven't had any bleeding or issues just tired. So far it's been going good. I'm hoping to see and heArt baby or babies!!! Can't stop counting the days

natlogancas
by New Member on Feb. 24, 2018 at 11:25 PM
Do you have twins your your family? Or are you just lucky enough to have that as a surprise?

I am a twin (every 3rd generation) in my family line. So if it is two I have no idea where that part came from :)
This makes 4 kids maybe 5, for us.

Quoting lyzzefrago:

I know it's super stressful but don't think too much of it you are still SO early AND they did an abdominal ultrasound. I hope you see babies too!! Or at least 1 baby! The start is always so stressful I wish they could grow faster so we didn't feel so stressed out in the start lol.

Quoting natlogancas: I have 9 days til my ultra sound at my dr office. I haven't had any bleeding or issues just tired. So far it's been going good. I'm hoping to see and heArt baby or babies!!!
Can't stop counting the days

lyzzefrago
by Bronze Member on Feb. 25, 2018 at 6:25 PM

Wow congrats on your big family!! This is attempt #4 at #1 and was just blessed with a #2 as well :). There is one pair of twins on my dads side, his cousins daughter had fraternal twins too but hers are boy/girl. Then my dad has another pair of cousins that are identical twins but that's totally different so I don't count it lol. How many kids do you guys want? Ideally I want 6 but that's a pretty big family I'll see how I feel after these 2 about having 6 lol but I definitely want more than just the two :)

Quoting natlogancas: Do you have twins your your family? Or are you just lucky enough to have that as a surprise? I am a twin (every 3rd generation) in my family line. So if it is two I have no idea where that part came from :) This makes 4 kids maybe 5, for us.
Quoting lyzzefrago:

Quoting natlogancas: I have 9 days til my ultra sound at my dr office. I haven't had any bleeding or issues just tired. So far it's been going good. I'm hoping to see and heArt baby or babies!!! Can't stop counting the days

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)