Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

BETA/ Low Progesterone

Posted by on Feb. 22, 2018 at 8:33 AM
  • 21 Replies
1 mom liked this

I had my first beta yesterday, the day my period was due and my HCG levels were 33 and progesterone 7.4. I know those are both very low, I was just wondering if anyone has any experience with low progesterone and suppositories. I go back tomorrow for another blood draw. 

by on Feb. 22, 2018 at 8:33 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
lovemylife_15
by Bronze Member on Feb. 22, 2018 at 10:18 AM
1 mom liked this
First beta draw isn't what's important it's the second to see if it's doubling properly. There's plenty of ladies here that have had to take progesterone
kman88
by Bronze Member on Feb. 22, 2018 at 10:35 AM

I know the HCG needs to double, but I wont get my second beta till tomorrow, and likely wont get my results till monday so my mind just keeps going back to the low progesterone.

Quoting lovemylife_15: First beta draw isn't what's important it's the second to see if it's doubling properly. There's plenty of ladies here that have had to take progesterone

sciencelady
by Bronze Member on Feb. 22, 2018 at 11:01 AM

I was on progesterone suppositories starting from 3DPO until I was 8 weeks pregnant. They're gross, but otherwise not terrible. 

My first beta was 47 at 14 DPO. The first number really doesn't matter. What matters is how fast it goes up.

kman88
by Bronze Member on Feb. 22, 2018 at 11:22 AM

Did you have a previous pregnancy with low progesterone or why did they start you on it so early?

I had a CD 20 test last year and my progesterone level was 11.4 (not pregnant) so for it to be so low pregnant really worries me. 

Quoting sciencelady:

I was on progesterone suppositories starting from 3DPO until I was 8 weeks pregnant. They're gross, but otherwise not terrible. 

My first beta was 47 at 14 DPO. The first number really doesn't matter. What matters is how fast it goes up.

sciencelady
by Bronze Member on Feb. 22, 2018 at 11:36 AM

No, this is my first pregnancy. I started on it because my luteal phase was a little short, which can be a sign of low progesterone. I took it for three cycles before getting pregnant. 

Progesterone levels fluctuate A LOT. I wouldn't take much stock into one level. My levels were only 15 at 14 DPO and that was while on 200mg of progesterone per day.

Quoting kman88:

Did you have a previous pregnancy with low progesterone or why did they start you on it so early?

I had a CD 20 test last year and my progesterone level was 11.4 (not pregnant) so for it to be so low pregnant really worries me. 

Quoting sciencelady:

kman88
by Bronze Member on Feb. 22, 2018 at 11:51 AM

Gotcha. 

I have a short cycle, so probablya short uteral phase as well. 

Quoting sciencelady:

No, this is my first pregnancy. I started on it because my luteal phase was a little short, which can be a sign of low progesterone. I took it for three cycles before getting pregnant. 

Progesterone levels fluctuate A LOT. I wouldn't take much stock into one level. My levels were only 15 at 14 DPO and that was while on 200mg of progesterone per day.

Quoting kman88:

Quoting sciencelady:

sciencelady
by Bronze Member on Feb. 22, 2018 at 12:00 PM

Not necessarily. I had a long cycle with a short luteal phase. 

Quoting kman88:

Gotcha. 

I have a short cycle, so probablya short uteral phase as well. 

Quoting sciencelady:

Quoting kman88:

Quoting sciencelady:

Sassym0m24
by Silver Member on Feb. 22, 2018 at 1:45 PM
I'd just pee on a pregnancy test every 2-3 days,if it keeps getting darker your levels are rising well.;)
kman88
by Bronze Member on Feb. 22, 2018 at 3:09 PM

Noo way!!! That will stress me out. 

Quoting Sassym0m24: I'd just pee on a pregnancy test every 2-3 days,if it keeps getting darker your levels are rising well.;)

lovemylife_15
by Bronze Member on Feb. 22, 2018 at 4:33 PM
I know the wait is terrible,believe me. With my youngest I had draws done due to a loss right before him and it was nerve racking,especially when they told me my numbers were going up but weren't doubling perfectly. I mean like 100 off. Those numbers will drive you mad if you let them love.

Quoting kman88:

I know the HCG needs to double, but I wont get my second beta till tomorrow, and likely wont get my results till monday so my mind just keeps going back to the low progesterone.

Quoting lovemylife_15: First beta draw isn't what's important it's the second to see if it's doubling properly. There's plenty of ladies here that have had to take progesterone

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)