Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Please help me

Posted by on Mar. 15, 2018 at 8:26 PM
  • 16 Replies
I had a miscarriage in December. I have a one year old daughter and wanted this pregnancy so bad so I could give her a sibling. As any woman might feel, it was devastating for me to lose this pregnancy. I passed naturally in January. I had my first period since the miscarriage in February. I track my periods on my period tracker app and I was due for my period yesterday. The past 2 days I’ve been feeling so unlike myself. I’ve been extremely exhausted, like more tired than usual. I’ve had cramps come and go. Hungry non stop just constantly hungry needing food. I’ve also been craving ice cream (I never eat ice cream) but it’s like I have to have ice cream bc I’m craving it. I’m also extremely emotional, crying over everything, having mood swings, picking fights with my husband for no reason just bc I’m moody. There’s also a weird taste in my mouth, like all day the taste in my mouth has been so off like I never have a weird taste in my mouth? Idk I’m just feeling very unlike myself the past couple of days. What do you think do you think I could possibly be pregnant. Should I wait a week to take a test? I want to be pregnant so badly it hurts my heart.
by on Mar. 15, 2018 at 8:26 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
missbritt22
by Brittany on Mar. 15, 2018 at 9:42 PM
I'm so sorry for your loss :(

If you are already late, then I would test now, there really is no need to wait a week. If it's negative, give it a few days and see if af shows then test again.
C.H.E.L.S.E.A
by Silver Member on Mar. 15, 2018 at 11:45 PM
I'm sorry for your loss momma.

If you're already one day late and having symptoms you should be able to get a positive test now if you're pregnant. Is the weird taste a metallic taste? I've had that before!
Protostarlc
by Member on Mar. 16, 2018 at 3:10 AM
I've had those symptoms both on months I conceived and those I did not. Even if you conceive but it does not implant, you can experience those things because there is a small chemical release. This time around, I hardly had any symptoms but on day 6dpo, I suddenly had a random braxton hicks. Who gets those that early? Well, apparently the lady who had a billion of them in her two previous high-risk pregnancies and knows them well. Anyway, my point is, just go buy a test. You can't always go by the symptoms. A test for hcg is the only way to tell if an egg implanted. I've always started testing at 9dpo, then every 2 days. Good luck!!
RutterMama
by Bronze Member on Mar. 16, 2018 at 10:29 AM

I'm so sorry sweet mama. I've been there.

Test, it can't hurt! If it's negative, wait a week and test again.

Avidreader9559
by on Mar. 16, 2018 at 11:37 AM

I am so sorry for you loss. I agree with the previous posters. Take a test and see what it says. My advice if it is negative is don't let the weight of your emotions overwhelm you. Test again and see what the next one says in a few days or a week. Praying for you. Hugs. 

B3autifulCha0s
by Bronze Member on Mar. 16, 2018 at 11:40 AM
I’m sorry for your loss. I’ve had 3 myself. It’s never easy. Take a test and if it’s negative wait a few days.

I will say, I’d been TTC this baby for 2yrs (it’s my 4th child). There were months I had wanted it so bad that I had a pseudopregnancy where I wasn’t actually pregnant but my body played like it was. When I got negative tests and blood draws and realized it wasn’t so, the symptoms went away. It can be so hard.

Good luck and keep us updated.
agse01
by on Mar. 16, 2018 at 11:46 AM

I am so sorry that you lost your baby. I understand how heartbreaking that is and the desperation of so badly wanting another baby! In all honesty, I think it could be either, pregnancy or possible upcoming period. Some of my cycles are very similar to what you are describing right before my period comes, but pregnancy is possible as well. I don't think it would hurt to take a test, although depending on how early it is, the hormones may not register yet. I'm not sure how regular your cycle is, but 1 day late is not always indicative of pregnancy either. It could be a day or two off. I guess I would take a test and see what happens. Best of luck!

Sassym0m24
by Silver Member on Mar. 16, 2018 at 1:45 PM
There's no research clearly stating when a body can have a total normal pregnancy post loss so you may be and it may be just fine.

However there are alsp hormone related reasons why a pregnancy or getting pregnant/staying it, is hard on mom and finding out earlier then later would help things too if test is negative.
BrandiKlahr
by Member on Mar. 16, 2018 at 4:05 PM
I should also note that all day today I’ve been feeling so nauseous:( it’s been 2 days and my period still hasn’t come
violetstar20
by on Mar. 16, 2018 at 10:44 PM

im sorryhugs

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)